1

I finally did it.

I'm officially a high school graduate.

How the hell did that happen?

Nonetheless I am free from school!

...Till College.

That was my string of thoughts after I was handed my diploma and sat down. I'm excited for summer break, still don't know what I'm doing, but still excited either way.

It took a little while for everyone to walk. I saw my friends crossing, and that's when it really hit.

We just graduated.

After everything was said and done we headed out to celebrate. A few friends and I decided we were going to go downtown and party. After a crazy and fun night I decide to head home. I get back, shower, and change into pajamas then head off to bed.

After I check my social medias of course.

The next morning I wake up and get dressed. After that I head over to my vanity and start on my makeup. While I am doing that I get a text from my group chat.

"Who's up to hang out?"

I don't think I have anything planned, better check with mom anyways. I finish up my makeup and then head downstairs. I find my mom sitting in the kitchen drinking some coffee. "Hey mom, is it cool if I go hang with some friends today?" "After your room is clean." She tells me not even looking up from the email she was reading. I sigh and reply with, "fine but when I finish can I?" "Sure." She tells me.

With that I rush back upstairs and start on my room. I first start off with my bed and then get all my laundry together in a basket. I rush that down and put it in the washer. Next I have my books, putting them back on the shelf, and putting my shoes back in their place as well. After that I pick up the random pieces of trash and I'm nearly done.

The last thing to tackle: my backpack.

I start going through my stuff dividing it between a keep pile and a throw away. My eyes scanned over countless homework assignments- a few unfinished, some tests, random doodles, and the every so often essay. I was down to the last few pages when I started reading the next one.

"Bucket list" Was scrawled across the top. I pause for a minute then move it to the side before finishing clearing up the last few papers. I take all the trash papers and toss them and put the keep pile up. The only paper left is the bucket list paper that was sitting on my bed. I go over and start reading the list.

1. Sleep on a beach
2. Dye my hair
3. Jump in a pool fully clothed

Man I had to of written this thing quite a time ago, I have done a few of these already. I grab a pen from my night stand and start to check the ones I have already done. I was able to mark out:

12. Write a letter for my future self
16. Learn to drive
17. Graduate high school
24. Meet a famous YouTuber
33. Pull an all nighter
63. Stargaze on a roof
66. Own a Polaroid camera
80. Survive high school
96. Go to a concert

I've only done 9 things out of 100, wow. Hmmm... That gives me an idea.

I get up and head down the stairs with the list in hand. "Mom!" I call. "In my room sweetheart." She calls out.

I walk into her room and show her the paper, "Hey mom, I found this in my bag. It's a bucket list. I think I could do a lot of these things on the list, that is if you will let me." I tell her. She scans the list for a minute then hands it back, "As long as you don't get in trouble and stay safe it's okay." "Yay! Thanks mom!" I say hugging her.

I start heading out of her room when she says, "Wait, Shay." "Yes?" "Do not do number 39 no matter what." I furrow my brows until I realize which one she's talking about. "Oh duh! I wouldn't dream of it, but hey my rooms finished so can I go now?"

"Fine, but can you take the truck? I have to go get groceries today." "Okay mom, are the keys still on the counter?" "Yup, right where they always are, try to make it back before dinner though." "Okay I will, text me if you need anything." She nods and I head out of her room and back up to my own.

I fold up the list and put it in my pocket. I grab my purse and toss my headphones and phone in it. I grab my shoes and put them on.

"Where are we hanging out?" I text the group chat waiting for a response. A minute or so later Amanda texts, "We can hang at my place." "I'm cool if everyone else is." I type back in responds.

Everyone agrees so I go downstairs and grab the truck keys.

I get in my truck and start it when I get a call. "Hey my cars broke think you can take me?" Kobe asks me over the phone. "Yeah sure I'll be there in a few minutes." I tell him. "Kay thanks." He replies and then hangs up. I put my phone on the center console and start heading towards Kobe's house.

I get there and he's waiting outside for me. I pull in his driveway and he hops in. "You got everything?" I ask. "Yeah I'm good." With that I pull out and start heading towards Amanda's.

We pull up and it looks like everyone was already here. We get to the door and before we can even knock Amanda opens it. We walk in and I see Jordan, Cody, Dana, Sydney, and Ashlyn sitting around. We talk for a little bit and I decide it's a good time as ever to bring up my idea.

"Okay... I have a crazy idea."