part 3: the arrogant royalty

A long time ago, in a far far away country, a royalty named Sehun was bored.

He was a prince. And he wasn't in his right mind when his private teacher taught him about royalty manner. He just wanted to sleep but he couldn't.

All the royal thingie is just not his thing.

Imagine this! He must put his fork and spoon and tea spoon in the right order and he has 3 layer of plate to serve him with different step of food accordingly. He has to do greetings to different royalties and nobles based on their rank. If people from various rank was in the same room he would have to do it from the higher rank to the lower one.

Bleh! He wanted to puke. But well he needed to looked like he care or else he didn't know what would happen to his father inheritence.

Knowing his just and proud father slash King, he dared to bet if he showed any insolence attitude toward his teacher, he will be cut from the family and won't received any inheritance. Like, at all.

And he won his own bet because the last time he ran wild, went to a closed party with the prince of the next kingdom, Jongin, and got caught, he proved his deduction was right.

His father threaten him on the spot after hours of lectures. He will not think twice to cut their family ties if Sehun got caught doing nasty thing again. And Sehun couldn't imagine his life without his future throne.

Kai (Jongin's nickname) was laughing at him and brag about his understanding father slash King.

His father let him be while he was young with the consequences of following all the royalty lifestyle right after he turned twenty-four.

Both of them were just nineteen right now.

And Sehun sighed. Kai even had a peasant as his friend.

His father wouldn't let him be friended with any peasant. He could see his future with royal lady/lesser man that his father chose for him. It was going to be merely his luck to get a royal lady/lesser man that actually not that bad for him to marry.

Tonight, his father threw a very big ball in the castle and invited most of the royalty around their kingdom and nobles that followed. And Sehun knew this was going to be just any other boring ball he ever experienced.

At the ball,

"Prince Sehun, how's the ball so far?"

"Àh it has been wondrously amazing, Sir Alfred. I hope you enjoy the party as well." Sehun bowed to the duke in front of him. Luckily he remembered the name.

"Ah, my prince. How's the ball so far?"

Sehun looked at the lady who spoke before him. If a lady asked him such question it would really meant two things. One, she genuinely just wanted to measure Sehun's satisfactory or two, she wanted Sehun to ask her for a dance.

But Sehun would only answer to number one eventhough her, batting her eyelashes slowly in a teasing manner, definitely meant for number two.

"The ball is incredible, my lady. I hope you would enjoyed it as well." He said shortly and then walking away from the flustered lady.

As of the tradition, she can't directly implied that she want to ask him to take her on a dance so when Sehun just brushed off her hidden intention which he clearly saw, she just couldn't ask back and it made her looked a little bit ashamed and frustrated.

So she just walked away on the different direction from Sehun's and whispered words that accidentally heard by Kai who was just passed from the direction she headed to.

"Cih, arrogant bastard."