•Ch.1 Goodbye Minnesota•

The buzzing is so loud,its pounding through my skull...

I slam the palm of my hand onto the snooze button on the alarm clock. "God, I wish that I could be able to just turn over and go back to sleep. Especially since I need my rest to become a semi-nice human being, and a contribution to society."I mutter under my breath.

I go to turn over but the light from my window seals pours into the dark room directly on her eyes.

I hears a knock on the door, as I slowly begin pulling the covers off of me. Stretching out my much to long legs, I look around my room as awareness floods through my body. I frown at the once hot pink walls filled with pictures of myself from ballet classes to cheer awards and pictures of me and my clique of friends. The once extremely preppy white fur carpet, is now a boring brown hardwood and the walls matched with an equally ugly neutral shade.

"This is so stupid."I can feel myself beginning to cry in recognition of my life now.

The creaking noise of the knob slowly turning takes me out of my thoughts as my mom barges through the door.

"Good morning Brynlee." My mom yells still grinning.

"Are you ready, because I still see some clothes not in boxes."her eyes scan the room,and then halt at my window seal.
"The sunshine is streaming through your window isn't that beautiful? We can put one just like it in the new house. Isn't it just so cheery?"

I turn away- ignoring my mom- and look outside. My moms face starts to become stern, but I just don't care.I have a right to be sad,depressed, and moody.
I roll my eyes involuntarily as I look around at my now old room, acknowledging all of the dark brown boxes ranging in size throughout the room which stored all that I have had for the past million years.

"Mom I really don't want to leave.Why are we even leaving? I particularly like Minnesota."I began trying to say convincingly, as I turn out of my bed and place my feet on the cold wooden floor. I really don't want to leave my life here heck I'm a senior fro goodness sake.

"Brynlee you know why,"She sighs coming over to give me a hug.

"We've already been over this.I have gotten a promotion as Recreational Vice President for the Bianchi corporation."I could tell she was beginning to sound aggravated.

"And you need to get dressed right now. Your brother is already waiting in the car okay."
She stands back with her hands on her hips and I take notice of the clothing she's wearing.
A business outfit for a plane ride really?

"I understand how you may be feeling lonely, but remember you are not alone! So will you give it a chance sweetie, for me?"She finishes talking as I resist the strong urge I have, to roll my eyes.

"Alright mom,"I say with a big sigh as I stretch my limbs,and began walking to my dresser drawer.I always give in to peoples demands in the long run.

I decide on athletic shorts, sweatpants, a coat and a sweatshirt. If my friends saw me not wearing a more fancy outfit they would probably die, but that's all my brother laid out for me, as its freezing in Minnesota.

Chuckling, I turn around to go into my bathroom to get ready.

After I finish brushing my teeth, I turn the water on and began taking my underwear off of my body, as I always sleep either naked or only with under garments on. I step into the shower and began moaning as the steam surrounds me. I could be in here for hours.

So I hope we don't have an early flight

❇❇❇

I take a bite of my apple as I run back upstairs for my phone, trying to hurry remembering how aggravated mom was because of my '34 minutes and 14 seconds' long shower' her words not mine