Prologue

Suddenly I hear a crash on the wooden floor of my bedroom. 

"Huh?" I jump up from my bed in an instant, scanning my small living quarters. Darkness swallowing my room, I squint my eyes only to barely make out the silhouettes of objects surrounding me.

I then hear shuffling across the floor.

"Who's in here?" My eyes are wide open in confusion and fear yet all I want to do was shut them so tight and fall back to sleep and be safe in my own bed because nothing out of the ordinary is happening here.

But it is.

Someone is here. I can sense it.

I can't just lay here, vulnerable, backed up to the wall against my wall tangled in my white sheets.

I stand up, but halfway there I hesitate, my legs suddenly fall weak and I'm now on the floor. My heart is pounding so fast I can hear each beat.

I feel someone grab my arm, they're tugging on it so hard to get me to my feet.

I feel my stomach sink, sink so far it's hitting the earths core and taking me with it because I'm burning with fear and I don't know who is grabbing me or how they even got in here.

I'm so quickly over powered and pushed onto my bed. I see their black outline hover over me.

And suddenly I can't speak or breathe and all I want to do is ask who this person is and beg for mercy to please, please let me live. I know I've done wrong but I promise I don't deserve to die, not now ,not for a long time please I'm so young with so much more sunshine and flowers inside me that still have yet to shine and blossom.

I want to blossom.

I feel them grab my thighs but this time it is forceful, I'm pushed further onto my bed and suddenly I'm crying but not a cry for someone to help me, for someone to hear me. It's a silent cry inside my mind that can't escape a cage made of fear and a lock made of weakness with a key that locked it with helplessness and was thrown down a stream to never be found again.

And I'm unable to hear, ringing overwhelms my earbuds and I feel like I'm so little so quickly.

Then the ringing is broken when I hear him grunt.

Him.

A male. He seems quite tall, quite built, but this room is so damned with darkness all around I can't make out a face or clothes or anything helpful.

I then feel the urge to defend myself. I need to get him off me, or yell for help or something. Something, damn it Saorsa, don't be stupid, do something.

No hesitation.

"Wh- who are you?" My voice trembling with fear, my heart so desperate for answers.

Suddenly, he stops. His movement freezes as if they were the tiny droplet of water falling from the roof in the dead of winter on the coldest day of the season, only to become solid ice instantly.

"I've been watching you for a while." His voice so low, so distinct, a voice you could point out in a choir of one hundred male singers all singing different notes all at the same time.

This voice, his voice, is so... familiar.

Like I've been hearing this voice for years.

But, how?

Suddenly his hands are around my throat, but he's not choking me, he's holding me so gently. As if my neck were thin eggshells that were going to break by the slightest bit of harsh movement.

He isn't here to hurt me, I'm realizing, but then why is he here?

Why has he been watching me?

Just as I'm about to interrogate him, he jumps up from my bed. I still can't see anything.

The air around me goes cold.

"Hello?" I ask the darkness, please answer me.

"Hello? Are you still here?" The only response I receive is the dead silence of the night.

And I'm now alone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone!

Please comment any feedback, I'm open to constructive criticism! 

Don't be a silent reader! :)

Thank you for reading <3