Chapter 35

Wade stroked her hair soothingly, and picked her up gently. He carried her to the bed and laid her down.

Andy looked up at him as he sat next to her, eyes dripping.

"What happened? Do you need anything? Are you hurt?"

She took a deep breath and steadied her voice.

"No, I'm not hurt. There- there were these men who were trying to catch me. They wanted me because of my abilities."

Wade frowned, mentally cursing at those men.

"They can't get you when I'm around. I'll make sure of it."

He carefully put his hand on her cheek before he stood up.

"I bet Francis was behind it. That giant sack of assholes better watch out, because I'm getting angry. And he won't like me when I'm angry."

He looked at Andy, who lifted an eyebrow.

"I don't think that's your line."

She grinned.

He nodded.

"You're right. I'll keep trying."

She nodded, and smiled at him.

"I'm better now. I was just a bit shaken up is all."

Wade nodded. He thought about how much it would hurt to lose her. He glanced at the sock drawer, then back at Andy. Not the right time. He had to wait a bit longer. But soon.

He patted her leg and walked to the kitchen. He grabbed a chocolate bar and a glass of milk. He brought them to her, and she took a bite and drank some milk. It made her feel better, and she nodded thanks to Wade.

He smiled and left the room. He thought she needed some time to herself.