My First Friend

First day of high school. I was an outcast. No one seemed to care about me. I graduated from a small school of about 50 people. My upgrade wasn't that big compared to other schools but it was a huge jump for me. To make it worse the 2 people I disliked most from my old school were the only ones I actually knew at my new school.

The loneliness are at me from the inside. Like a parasite wanting to get every last drop of my sanity. I tried to reach out to people to and make friends. But I became apart of the wrong crowd.

I was a strong Christian then, but this was my year of testing. I had so many doubts about a God.

But let's get on with the story instead of me babbling on about this. . .
* * *

I am studying for my vocabulary test that is tomorrow. When I received an email. I had never gotten an email from anybody at school.

I open my IPad to read the message. It is from a girl I don't even know. Her name is Katie. She says:

"Hey, how are you?"

I am alittle puzzled by the fact I don't even know her, but she seems to be nice. So I answered back.

"Good, you? And why are you emailing me?"

"I just noticed you and you looked like you needed someone to talk to."

I stare at the screen shocked about what I am reading. I didn't think anyone cared for me at school. But this girl has proven me wrong.

After about three afternoons of emailing each other, she persuaded me to give me my cell phone number. I have never given anybody my cell phone number; I only use my cell phone to call my parents.

We kept talking till almost midnight.

The next day during lunch she came up to me and invited me over to her table. I cautiously stood up. The girl was about 5 feet with a circle shaped face and wide blue eyes that made me feel warm inside. I hesitate to go with her since I don't  know her friends, but she grabbed my hand lightly and pulled me a little.

That is all the encouragement I need. I sat down right next to her as she introduced me.

"Guys this is my friend Oliver."

"Oliver this is Lisa." Katie points to a timid girl with jet black hair covering her face. Her eyes seem tired and very sad. She wore long sleeves under her school uniform shirt.

"This is Brendan." Brendan looks like what I imagined the average high school kid would look like. Whippy hair and always nodding his head when being talked to.

"Those three are Kyle, Ken, and Kangel; we call them the KKK." She giggled a little after her joke.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

The bell rang, lunch was over. I quickly said bye and speed walked to the door. Trying to get away from the awkward situation.