Paranoia

I sat down on the front porch of my new house. Glint of lights shine down on my face making me screwed my eyes shut for a moment before opening it again to adjust to the light. I look around the neighborhood, trimmed grass, blossomed flowers around the yard, pretty houses that would called home that offers safety. A few children comes out to play on the front yard of their other neighbor's yard. They even built swings for them, while I looked up to see my own new place. The front door leave a big scratch mark on it, the white paint on the wall has begun to fade, a broken window which would not be if some kids didn't play soccer in the middle of the streets and accidentally kicked it to the window two days ago. my yard is still pretty messy that I doubt any living creatures would lives here considering I just bought this house a week ago and move soon after. The insides of the house is still packed with boxes that I haven't put out.

Feel like my sightseeing is enough, I went in wanting to brewed some coffee. While preparing the coffee, i felt a chill run through me and to my reflexes I wrap my arms around myself. It happens a lot since I move to the house. At night, the cold chill air is just unnerving since the heater is not working. I always have to draped myself with extra layers of blanket. What weird is that even when the sun shine bright and the weather is pretty hot sometimes the cold just passed me like winter breeze.

While I was lost in my own thought a figure passed through my backyard. I snapped my eyes to the window and take a quick look at it. The first thing i thought was there could be a theft, so I quickly went to the front door, opening it about to bust the person for breaking and entering when a man stood tall in my front porch. A hard look on his face and voice that rumbles from his throat, "You're the new neighbor" he exclaimed. I, back to reality looked around my neighborhood before focusing back at him, "Were....were you the one on the backyard earlier?". "Yes. I knocked on the door because i couldn't find the bell, but no one answer so I went to the back to check", he said with a monotone voice. "Errrr, anyway I am....", he cut me off, "I know who you are". "Okay, you know who I am, but I don't know who you are", I asked arching my eyebrow, feeling intimidated and immidiately not liking his presence. "Flint", his voice unnerving, i feel like this guy is about to bust right into the house and kill me.

A trace of of five o'clock shadow fell on his young face, dress in casual black tee and cream coloured short while his demeanor makes it look suspicious his outward cover didn't show danger. That is if i didn't count the lean muscle that seems to still in the process of bulking up. Overall, I sense 73% of threat of this guy. My stomach starts to churns and again another chills strode past me making goosebumps to raise, to me that is never a good feeling.

"What could I possibly help you with?" the moment I'm back to my normal stat. I held back a cringe that threaten to show on my face of the cause of my unintentionally raise of voice. he didn't seems to mind or at least still stay placcid as ever as he answered me. "I come here to offer my help. I know you're new to this area and think i might be of some help to you". Not knowing his real motive, i raise my defenses, but put on a smile in order not to appear more rude and distrust at him than I already am. "Do you live in this neighbourhood?" my mind keeps on revolving around questions and i can't stop myself. "Yeah, I'm from around", not good enough answer which makes me want to slam the door at him and sauntered off to the kitchen with swags like the ladies from Desperate Housewives. "Do you want me to help you with the boxes?" his eyes flickered to the back of my head. I turned my head to look at the boxes piling up on the side of the staircase. Turned back at him, I wanted to say no, but his eyes pierced me with this intensity that I can't describe in which he didn't accept 'no' for an answer. So I just pull myself to the side, letting him in.

As I close the door, my eyes flickered across the room as I scan to something to defend myself in case this gut is a nut job. A coat rack stand sounds good since it stand just a few centimetres from me on the hallway, the rear end of it is pretty sharp to stab. Or if that's too extreme, maybe an umbrella that's peeking out of my half open box could help or just my fist would do. Some people say my right hooks are pretty hurts. "Where do I put this?" he asked,snapping out of my dazed. It looks like he can't wait any longer as he pick up a box with intial GD as in glass decorations. "Umm, I think you can just put it on the living room by the right just before the kitchen".

As i help him or the other way around, time fly away and no sign of him doing anything suspicious as we worked on putting boxes to each rooms. And through the hours that I spent my time with him, the only thing I know about him is he is awfully quite save for the occasional questions to where he should put each things. This guy makes me nervous and his silence didn't help and i can't be effed to make any conversations since i, myself, is not big at conversations and more of a listener.

After he left, i went back to the kitchen and cook myself a meal. Not bothering with sweats and dusts that are sticking in my hair and shirts.