Introduction : Mirrors

"No!" Sophie screams, her hand stretching down, desperately trying to grab his outstretched hand. Emerald green eyes meet her own crystal blue just as he falls into oblivion. "NOOOOO!!!" Her screams echo across the dark chasms, her pain reverberating in every syllable.

Sophie awakes screaming, her body is soaked with sweat and tears stream down her cheeks. That dream was so real...too real. Grasping her necklace with both hands she tries to calm herself, one shaky breath after the next.

"Calm down Sophie it was just a dream...just a dream." One breath. Two breaths.

"You don't even know whoever fell." Three breaths. Four breaths.

"Damn it!" Standing on shaky legs she rushes to the bathroom,splashing cold water on her face. In the mirror she sees her reflection, fiery red hair stuck to face and back, blue eyes bloodshot, and pale face haunted by visions. From her neck hangs her only comfort and constant companion, a softly glowing crystal surrounded by delicate leaves of gold, she clings to it again like a life line.

Wait a second why is it glowing again?! Chill your imagining things.

"Get it together girl you've got stuff to do." One breath. Two breaths.

Stepping into the shower should be easier than this, why did she feel so weak? I guess a night of freaking out while dreaming will do that to a person. God how I wish this feeling of intense sadness would disappear. Its completely unfounded, today is supposed to be the perfect day, the day everything finally falls into place as it should. No time for silly dreams.

Sophie steps out of the shower, the cold of the room bringing her out of her stupor. She proceeds to prepare for her expected day of perfection, seemingly calm on the surface but a raveled mess within.

With a sigh Sophie finishes and heads out her door, glancing quickly at a mirror before she leaves. In it she sees the unusual; a grand castle enshrouded by storm clouds and surrounded by evil creatures.Its only there for a second and is quickly replaced by an image of herself, mystified as to what she has just seen. "I really need to sleep earlier geez!"

She may have shrugged it off as simply being a delusion of her sleepless nights but in the back of her mind niggles a thought, a memory, something hidden deep. Clutching her necklace yet again she gulps and turns to head out the door. Unknown to Sophie things have been set into motion that will change her world, for better or worse, that is up to her.