Running Late

You wake up to a bright, sunny morning that Tuesday. Birds were chirping and you hear the children's laughter as they played on the street.

Everything seemed so perfect for you as you sat on the bed, still unable to sink in the fact that the very shy Jungkook would ask you out on a date.

You're amazed at yourself for even having time to sleep despite all that had happened.

You excitedly skip to the bathroom as you hum when suddenly, your phone rings. Nervous and a little bit excited, you walk towards your phone because you know who's exactly calling.

"Hello?" You answer as you try to stop the big smile forming on your face.

"H-Hey... Are you ready for the d... date?" As he whisper the last word that you barely understood as his backgroud noise was too loud.

"Eh? It's only 9:30 though?" You answer and you look at the clock.

"Ahhh.. You forgot, didn't you? We were supposed to eat breakfast together and THEN go to the amusement park." He answers.

You were speechless as you try to remember your conversation last night.

"You DO know that I have dance practices after lunch, right? Big Hit's a bit more tight with our schedule these days." He says in quite a sad voice.

You froze for a minute before realizing that you DID agree to breakfast last night JUST before dozing off.

And how could you have forgetten his schedule?

"Shit.." You mutter under your breath.

"I'm so sorry! I'll be there right away!" Then you hang up.

15 minutes later and you're finished. You speedwalk out of your house and call for a cab.

It takes about 5 minutes before you arrive at the amusement park.

You check your phone and send him a text, asking where he was.

He replies with, "I'm at the entrance. I'm waiting for you."

You feel guilty but you can't help but smile at his last sentence. You cover your mouth and close your eyes so as to stop yourself from squealing inside the cab.

The cab stops a few feet from the entrance of the park. You pay and you run as fast as you can towards the hooded man standing at the right side of the gate.

He keeps pulling is hood towards his face so as not to be recognized but it looks like it's not really effective.

How can he NOT stand out when he looks so devilishly handsome just by standing? And you feel so lucky to be asked out.

You stop beside him without him knowing and you catch your breath.
You fix your hat, look around then you slightly poke his side.

He looks at you and you look at him. He gives you that smile that had always melted your heart. Along with a slight chuckle, he gives a sigh of relief.

"I thought I was gonna be mobbed. What happened to you?" He asks as he hides his hands inside his pockets.

"I forgot to set my alarm clock. I'm so sorry." You say as you bow your head.
"No, no, no. Don't apologize. I'm sorry for suddenly a-asking you out without considering what you would feel. I just... kinda want to get to know you better. Is... Is that okay?" He asks you as he glances at his feet then looks at you.

You feel very nervous but you're very excited at the same time.

You lower your head and pull your hat lower so as to hide your smile.

"Yeah... Okay..." You reply and purse your lips together.

You hear him sigh and give a chuckle.
"You... You had me worried there. I thought you would reject." He said.

You look at him and was about to talk when you suddenly hear your stomach grumble.

You froze for a minute. Thinking how embarrassing it is. You secretly glance at Jungkook who was just as frozen as you.

He suddenly covers his mouth with his arm and you blush.

"I... I-I forgot to eat breakfast." You sheepishly say.

"I know. You're quite forgetful so I figured just as much." He gives a little laugh and takes your hand in his hand.

"That's why I didn't eat too. And I'm quite hungry," he says and puts yours and his hand inside his pocket.

He looks at you and smiles, "Should we eat first?"

You silently nod and you squeeze his hand a little.

He pulls you and you two walk to a nearby cafe to eat breakfast.