Chapter 4: The Standards.

In this world, in order to 'get exactly what you want' you have to be thin. You have to be a twig. You basically aren't allowed curves and if you have them you're sure to hear the disapproval. You have to be attractive. But not just the opposite of unattractive; you have to be beautiful. Your personality has to be perfect. You have to believe in God; you have to pray and worship every Sunday. I, Aspen Felicity Chaucer, am none of those wonderful ideas nor do I amount to anything a bit less than one of the ideas. You get judged easily for the genres of music you listen to unless it's rap, pop or hip hop; which in my case: I enjoy listening to heavy metal, screamo, post-hardcore vocaloids and punk alternative rock. You can't have face piercings besides ear piercings and if you get lucky, belly button piercings are acceptable. Me? I have snake bites. I have an eyebrow piercings. I have a septum piercing....you can't dye your hair either but guess who dyes theirs on a regular basis! Me! My hair is currently black on the roots and at the bottom and blood red in the middle. Sort of describes a stripe. I also have coon-tails. You have to wear leggings, Uggs, PINK sleeve shirts and identicaled patterned sparkly scarves to fit in. Me? I wear Asking Alexandria and Of Mice & Men T-shirts, black leather pants or skinny jeans, a leather jacket, high socks and converse. I'm not what you would call 'normal.' You need to be heterosexual or 'straight' as I am pansexual. I don't understand what is so wrong about loving everyone when apparently God made us to love everyone. That is one of the statements I will never understand the meaning to. You have to be smart. You know, with all A's in school? Me? I have an average of C's. I get D's and occasionally F's I'm threatened to bring up by mother. Long story short you can see that I definitely am not the same as every other girl. I'm comfortably offbeat with my pathetic life. Sometimes the song "Better Off Dead" expresses how I feel. Sleeping With Sirens and Pierce The Veil have an immense way of conveying speculation. Referring to music I listen to, I can't seem to find treasure trove my old MP3 player. Thus I have not been adequate to auscultate the melody of peace.