Chapter 2: A mysterious Flatmate

hey guys! I hope my wrting doesn't sound like it's written by a 12 years old. and I'm sorry for any mistake you'll find, I'm not a native english speaker but I'll do my best. if you see any mistake, feel free to tell me where! xx

____________________________________

John was surprised that Sherlock was asking him to stay. It's not like he'd never seen Sherlock like that, the detective had came back home in bad shape quite often, and John told himself that as a good flatmate and best friend it was his job to take care of him in those conditions,  but sherlock's voice was telling so much about how he was feeling, even though he would never admit it, the detective's Bags under his eyes and cheekbones were the proof that he was far away from being alright and John was trying his best not to show his worry.

"Um, alright Sherlock. I'm staying." John said as he sat on the ground. "I'm not leaving."

John could see Sherlock was relieved having John near him, and even though it should be awkward, John was happy to be here as well. The friendship he shared with his flatmate was all that mattered for John, his life had finally changed for the better 3 years ago when his friend Mike told him about Sherlock's research for a potential flatmate. Living now in Baker Street was the best thing that ever happened to John, knowing how lonely he was before to meet his best friend.

After helping a weak Sherlock to take his bath and put his trousers and an old t-shirt, John prepared some tea, hoping his best friend would open up and tell him all that happened these past 3 weeks. But sadly, as expected, Sherlock didn't say a word. As john was putting sherlock's cup of tea on the table in front of the Sofa, he grabbed his violin and started playing a melody. John just sat in his own chair and drank his tea, listening to the music. he'd missed it, the sound of the violin in the flat. But he wanted Sherlock to stop for a moment and explain to him his "adventure". Sherlock had said to John when they met that he was playing violin when he was thinking, and wouldn't talk for days sometimes. John was seeing it happening right now, and he believed talking was the best way to feel better, even though is therapy wasn't exactly working for John himself. Sherlock was the one who made him feel better, he had made him see a whole new world.

"Sherlock?"

"hmh."

"Your tea is going to get cold if you don't drink it."

"I don't need tea now, John."

By Sherlock's voice, John could feel that the detective was not about to say anything about his last 3 weeks of absence. Sherlock stopped the violin and sighed. He then looked at his friend.

"John. I don't need a doctor. I don't need a therapy. I don't need tea. I don't need anything. I am fine." He sat on the sofa, and then layed down on it, putting his hands in that so well known "I'm thinking" position.

"don't you just want to tell me what happened? best friend to best friend."

Sherlock was looking at the roof, he closed his eyes.

"talking won't solve any problem."

John chuckled a little, and Sherlock opened his eyes again, with a confused look.

"What's so funny?"

"nothing...just.."solve". Sherlock, not everthing is like solving a crime." John put his tea cup down and got on his feet. he looked right at Sherlock. "talking is great. that's what best friends are made for. You can tell me anything. "

Sherlock suddenly stood up, looking right into John's eyes.

"Oh John poor you. You don't see anything the right way, do you?"

John looked confused, surprised by how hard Sherlock just had been talking to him.

"Crimes aren't only cases to solve, people's murderer to find. Crimes are mistakes, things we should have done, things we should  not have. Crimes are problems, things haunting us. Talking doesn't solve mistakes and problems. Time does, perhaps. People do to, sometimes."

After that short speech, Sherlock walked to his bedroom, closing the door behind him. John couldn't believe it. Sherlock had kind of opened himself, just a little. But just enough for John to understand that whatever was happening to him was serious, and that is "emotionless" flatmate was in fact dealing with some hard feelings. Whatever it was, John would not give up on trying to figure out Sherlock's problems, in order to help his best friend.