Chapter One

Niall shows up with an 8-pack and an action movie.

"You know how I feel about action movies, Niall." I say, rolling my eyes. All I want to do is drown in self-pity.

"Sorry Lou, but I'm not gonna let you sit here and sob and then complain about your swollwn eyes." he remarks.

"No one looks good with swollen eyes, Niall. No one." I say as a grab one of the beers Niall has brought and turn on the T.V.

"Can't we just watch the Notebook? Please?" I beg.

"No. Now sit down and shut up its about to start." I groan in annoyance.

"Why do I even talk to you?!"

"Because I'm your best mate, dipwad."

"A horrible one at that." Niall slaps me, and I slap back.

"I hate you." I say, turning my face away dramatically.

"Palease. You love me. Without me, you'd be crying in your room right now wanking to a picture of Ryan Gosling."  I turn to him, my mouth wide open.

"I would not!" I screech, getting up off the couch and moving as far away from Niall as possible.

"Arsehole." I mutter under my breath.

Niall just laughs and goes back to watching his movie. I sink deep into my thoughts. I hate Seth for making me feel like this. There is a gaping hole in my life that I might never fill again. I am going to be alone for the rest of my life. No one is going to want me. I'm not good enough for anyone. I'm loud, annoying, and disgusting. I guess I understand why Seth did it. I'm me, and me is something nobody wants.

_   _    _

It had been a long day at work. I'm tired and pissed, and I still have an hour left in my shift.

"Excuse me uh.." the lady glances at my nametag. "... Harry?"

"Yes?"

"Where are the bikes?" I roll my eyes. Can't anyone read? Or see?

"In the bike section." I say dryly, pointing to the back left corner of the toy store I work at. She gives me a weird look and says slowly lets a

"Thanks, Harry." slide off her tongue. I hum in response and walk back to behind the technology counter, and begin taking inventory. I feel my phone buzz, looking down I see its from Zayn.

Z: Hey, when do you get off work today?

H: 7, why?

Z: Because we're going on a hot date.

I roll my eyes, knowing that Zayn has probably found us some whorish goth men who do ecstasy and wear eyeliner. As per usual.

H: With whom? I'm not really feeling up for it today.

Z: You will be once you see 'em. Fit as hell. Please man?!

I sigh, giving in.

H: Fine.

Z: Yes! Be home by 7:20

H: Yes, mother.

Z: Love ya, bro.

H: Yeah, yeah. See ya then.