Task Two

It was time for the second task of the TriWizard Tournament, and I wasn't ready. How did I even get picked? Well, whatever the case may be, I'm here now and I can't back out. Earlier, I learned that this task had something to do with the mermaids, so hopefully it won't be as bad as the last task (bloody dragons. DRAGONS!).

"Good luck Potter, seems like you'll need it, seeing as you probably won't even be able to beat a few mermaids," Draco said as he walked past me.

"Oh shove off, Malfoy," I said, speaking as I was already nervous, I didn't need anything from that ferret.

Draco stopped for a second.

"Oh hoho, getting pissy are we?" Draco said as he turned around and slowly walked back over to me.

"Can you just leave me alone," I said, blushing. Not that I like him no, oh god no. I despise him but he's just getting telling close to me right now.

"Whatever, Potter," he said as he shoved me and walked away. I started making my way towards the boats, nervous as ever.

//

I was waiting at the diving area with the other three champions, shoving the gillyweed into my mouth. I started choking and gagging, but I was pushed into the water, making me lose all focus.

  I swam down, and started thinking. It was then I realised that I hadn't seen Malfoy anywhere, not that I cared anyways. As I swimming, I heard the mermaid's song, and started to follow it. It was then I found myself in what seemed like a seaweed forest. A mermaid quickly swam past me, so I tried my best to follow it. I ended up at four people, tied down by ropes. There was Malfoy, Hermione, Cho, and a girl I didn't know. I was about to save Hermoine, but then a mutant shark creature came and pulled her up, and Cedric had already gotten Cho, so there was only Malfoy and the girl left. (I'm aware Harry saved Ron and the little sister but let's just say she saved her little sister for this story) Then a girl, who's name I can't remember, came and saved, who I presumed was her little sister, so that left me with one choice.

The mermaids started fighting me as I tried to get Malfoy, but I quickly shot them off with a spell and undid the rope. I was half way to getting him to the surface, but these little sea monsters started pulling me down so I pushed him up. I saw him start to move as he could breath again.

My vision was going black but I did another spell once he was out of the water and flew up out of the lake and onto the floating supervisor stand. He looked at me with a shocked expression, like he was trying to comprehend something incomprehensible.

"Y-You saved me," he stuttered out,"Wh-Why did y-you save me?'

I looked around and saw everyone looking at us with shocked expressions.

  //flashback//
  ///"Each champion must save their treasure before the hour ends," Dumbledore announced.///
  //end of flashback//

"I-I um..." I started before Malfoy interrupted me.

"You know what whatever, thank you," he said as he walked over to me and gave me a hug.

I stood there, shocked for a moment, as was everyone else. I slowly hugged him back.

"You're welcome," I said quietly.

He pulled away and we stared at each other for a few seconds. He then put on a cocky smirk, and I got very confused as to what he was thinking.

"Does this mean I'm your treasure?" He said with a wink.

I groaned and pulled him into a sweet kiss. He kissed back immediately and I felt sparks.

"I'll take that as a yes?" He asked when we pulled away.

Okay so maybe I lied a little while ago, I definitely do not despise Draco Malfoy.

//end//