Chapter 5

You walk back into your room in the base, deciding that the day was finished. There was a note on the bed. You picked it up and read it.

'Hey (y/n), I was wondering if you can meet me on the top of the base tonight. I gotta tell you something.'

-Tucker

You smiled. Of course he chose tonight, he knew you loved stars and astronomy. It always fascinated you for some reason. You neatly put your gravity hammer under your bed, but paused when you saw small text engraved on the side.

Grinder.

You shrugged and decided it was some company that created it. You glanced at the home made clock Caboose had made for you. You recall Wash telling you to add 3 hours to whatever time it was, because Caboose obviously messed it up a little. 5:03. So it was 8:03. You quickly opened the door and headed up to the roof of the base.

Tucker was already up there, out of his armor and in civilian clothes. You had to admit, he looked kind of cute in the teal hoodie he had on. It had the word 'Chorus' printed in bold white letters. "Hey. Just on time." He smirked lazily.

"Yup. So what did you want to tell me?" Tucker stiffened when you leaned against his shoulder, yawning. You were exhausted from the drama of today's events, but you couldn't complain. Blue team was an extraordinary team.

"Uh, I just wanted to say that I..." Tucker paused. He was still thinking this over. Should he really tell you now? Was it too early for you to handle?

"Go on." You encouraged, nudging him playfully, completely oblivious to what he was going to say.

After a long sigh, Tucker mumbled, "I have feelings for you. And not in the typical me way, there's something about you that-"

You tackle him in a hug, making him squeal in a weird way. Once you pull away partially, your noses are touching and you could feel his warm breath. He gazes up at you, momentarily glancing at your lips.

You blush and lean in, meeting his lips in a kiss. He slowly put a hand to your waist, making you gasp slightly. He took this as an opportunity to sneak his tongue in. After a while, you pulled away breathless.

"That was... Holy shit." Tucker rubbed his neck shyly, still trying to regain his breath.

"Goodnight, Tucker." You whispered, his green eyes sparkling slightly in joy. He said nothing and watched you hop down the roof, not caring to use the ladder. After you went to your room, he got off and went to bed also.

The only bad thing was, Wash heard the whole thing from below.