Chapter 1 - Robin and Kim

A.N: Most characters, events, plots belong to Marvel with the exception of Lexi, Charlie and a few other characters that may arise later. Some plots and events will be mine.

This has not been edited.

Enjoy :)

They said we should trust them and do as we are told. We were trained to take our orders and follow them through, no matter the cost. And we did, up until Operation Beta.

● ● ● ●

"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." - Ronald Reagen.

● ● ● ●

You know the sound that occurs when metal strikes metal? Now magnify that sound by 10 and you have the sound of bullets biting at the rear end of your Toyota Corolla. Well maybe not yours, the word temporarily or permanently borrowed might fit better. But when the F.E.D's are on your ass you don't really have time to think about the legality of everything. Now maybe I should quit stalling and get back into the present time before I get myself or someone else shot.

Grabbing the top left of the steering wheel I spin it, hard. The wheels squeal trying to get traction and the left wheels pull up off the ground and I feel the car tilt. Pushing my right foot to the floor I shift the car into 2nd gear. The cars rocks back down as I floor it towards my pursuers. Swerving to the right to avoid a F.E.D, I curse the bulky car as a voice cheerfully chirps in my right ear. "Told you that a motorcycle would have worked better."

"Shut up, those things are deathtraps" My eyebrows knit together in frustration.

"And the bulky car isn't?"

I swear if that chirpy voice gets any chirpier the owner of the voice better start running. Because when I get back to her I swear I'll...

Loosing my train of thought I swerve the car to avoid the rain of bullets firing at my windscreen.

"Eyes on the road you idgit!"

"Oh so now you care about me. I'd care more for you if you stopped watching supernatural without me and getting ahead of me!" I yell back at the infuriating voice as I hit the breaks hard as I spot a line of cars and a helicopter ahead. "You've got to be bloody kidding me, they've got 2 helicopters now!"

"Well you shouldn't have stopped at the Walmart to get MnM's. Roof on you're right is clear."

"Hey don't dis the the MnM's you're the bossy one who wanted me to so desperately get you some Herchey's chocolate." I undo my seatbelt while grabbing the blue duffle bag from the back. "Where's Sparrow at?"

Throwing the door open from the car I throw the duffle bag over my shoulder while pointing my grapple gun at the helicopter behind me. Feeling the gun latch on as the helicopter keeps moving to get high above me I feel the line go tight. Grabbing the gun with both hands I take a deep breath. The line goes tight and soon enough I'm pulled into the air. The jolt of the motion tears through my arm muscles but I ignore the pain and focus on getting to the building on my now left.

"I needed that Hershey's chocolate, ohhh that's gotta have hurt. You might want to let go as they're about to cut the line. He's in a black SUV almost at the scene, you need to get your ass out of there asap."

Looking up I see a F.E.D Agent getting ready to cut the line. My eyes glance to my left. "I'm not high enough yet."

"There's another helicopter inbound behind Sparrow, Lex you need to get out of there now. It's one of Sparrow's. Robin and Kim are on it."