STRANGERS NO MORE

Everything started with a simple 'Hi'.

-----------------------------

That beautiful Summer day was nothing out of the extraordinary, bright rays strike the room as a warm breeze blows and sways the curtains from side to side.  She was lying on her stomach and listening to music in shuffle, as usual. Tablet propped on a pillow, she was busy writing the next chapter of her published story.

*tinggg*

Her phone lit up and it started to vibrate, reminding her of an incoming notification from Wattpad. The girl stared at the blinking red light. She reached for the phone beside her and unlocked it to view what the notification is all about.

"Private Message?" she read out loud, eyeing the yellow highlighted message on her phone's inbox.

"If you need me anytime, you know I'm always right by your side." she sang along, while tapping the Wattpad icon on the home screen.

"And see I've never felt this love, you're the only thing that's on my mind." she tapped her fingers on her earphones, feeling the music while waiting for Wattpad to load. Soon enough, the dull screen was replaced by orange and white colors.

"Hmmm.." she clicked on the 'messages' sign, then to the only highlighted name on the list.

-----Hi

That's what it said, just 'Hi'. She stared at it for a whole minute thinking about what to text back. Unable to decide, the girl went back to writing her story, tossing the phone back to the bed. After an hour and a few paragraphs, she sat up and looked at her phone again. No new messages. The girl plopped into the bed on her back, holding the phone inches above her face. She thought of the possible things to reply to a 'Hi', and ended up with a 'Hello :)'.

"Gotta keep it casual." she murmured to herself, keying the word through the qwerty keyboard.

*tinggg*

The phone buzzed once again, the red light blinking in sync with the vibration. A new message popped into view, making her squint her eyes at the brightly lit screen.

-----I'm kirito

Short and direct. She smiled at the message, eyeing the chat name on the upper left portion of the screen. "Tell me something I don't know." she laughed a little while typing her reply.

-----I'm Lady :)

An ordinary conversation began, texts were exchanged. Hours passed by quickly, and soon they turned into days. She completely forgot about the story she was writing that day. Her mind was wandering unto a brand new story that was unfolding deep within her clueless heart.

A bright ray of sun shone on a bud of friendship between two complete strangers. Little did she know, that the small bud would bloom into something greater.

Soon, the boring days turned into sleepless nights. The texting and talking that she once hated became the very thing that she looks forward to each day.

"No, no, no. You can't like him." she scolded herself. There was something different about her now. She was feeling...

...unusual.

...weird.

...uneasy.

She's started to like him...

...and she's falling.

Falling...

Falling...

...hard.

"This can't be possible." she shook her head, pulling the covers over her. "He doesn't even like you, and he just thinks of you as a friend."

But her heart was beating hard against her chest, and the butterflies in her stomach won't stop. One day, the girl tried to tell him how she feels, but she's not even sure if she want him to know.

-----Senpai, watashi wa anatagasuki.

She texted him. She's not even hoping for anything, she just wanted to let her feelings out.

-----Gomene senpai :(

She texted him again. Maybe it was wrong to tell him. Maybe she should have just kept it to herself.

-----For what?

He texted back. She was nervous, she knew it was pointless.

-----For liking you.

She told him. Now she's decided on giving up on her feelings. She knew there was never a chance ever since the beginning.

-----I like you too

He told her. The girl grasped her chest as her heart skipped a beat.

...I like you too

She blinked at the screen.

...I like you too

She can't believe what she's seeing.

...I like you too

It just felt unreal, like she was trapped inside a wonderful dream. A dream about how a beautiful love story bloomed into something real. A love story about how something so impossible was meant to happen. An impossibility about how two complete strangers were bound to meet and fall in love. But right there and then, they became strangers no more.

--------------------------------

After all...

...everything started with a simple 'Hi'.