Akio The Daywalker Chapter 2

Chapter 2 Gray Academy

"Akio...Akio..."

Who's calling my name?... I opened my eyes to see Sophia's face several inches away from mine "What are you doing?" I said as my voice cracked

"What do you mean Akio?" "You are right in front of my face?" "I guess I am.." She moved sat down on the floor and pulled out her phone.

"That was awkward, is Kallen awake?" "Yeah, she's in the bathroom washing up"

"Alright" I stood up and went out the door "Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna talk with Kallen right quick?"

I walked out the room when a tune suddenly hit me. I then heard it coming from the bathroom, but this tune...where have I heard it from?

I walked down the hall and opened the door to be welcomed by so much fog.

"Who's there? I'm in the shower ya'know!" She looked out and then we both stared for a moment.

"Akio! What are you doing standing there! Get out!"

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to barge in!" I closed the door behind me and sank to the floor 

"Kallen...that tune...where'd you learn it from?" I yelled

"Huh? That tune? From my grandmother why?"

"I just, I don't know, I vaguely remember hearing it from somewhere..." the door then opened and my back fell onto the bathroom floor. Causing me to be staring at Kallen from an awkard angle.

"Oh wow, blue and white stripes..." I tried smiling

"WHY YOU!" She stood on my chest and ran in her room leaving me out of breath.

"C-Come on! I didn't mean to!" I chased her back into the room holding my chest

" Hurts doesn't it?" Sophia said as I walked in

"Look I didn't mean it at all!" I said as she walked over

"Your hair is messy" Kallen started fixing my hair

"It's okay" She smiled... then slapped me softly after she was done with my hair

"Don't do it ever again, got it?" I nodded

"Now hurry up, dads gonna be here soon, I'll let you use some of my brothers clothes Akio"

"You have a brother?" I asked "More like had, he was an ass"

"I'm sorry about your loss" I said "He's not dead dummy! Who would call their dead relative an ass"

Sophia started laughing "How am I supposed to know that?" I said

"Don't worry about it, go shower. I'll hang the clothes out the door for you"

I nodded and walked to the bathroom. Closed the door behind me and walked to the sink.

So you there... looking back at me in this very mirror. Who are you? Why don't I remember my own face but my name comes right up.

"Okay just take a deep breath Aki"

I stared in the mirror into my own eyes.

"Were they always amber?" "Hey Akio can I come in?"

"Yeah" She walked in and place the clothes on the sink with a towel. She started messing with my hair again.

"You know I'm going to wash up right? There's no point in fixing it."

"I know but it's fun to mess with, it covers your eyes and the sides cover your ears. It's one of those cool hairstyles that you choose for your avatar in an RPG" I laughed

"That's funny, I hope I at least remember how I got this hair.." I started fiddling with my fingers

"Hey you're going to get through this Akio, okay? We'll just head to the hospital right after here and get you sorted out alright?" I looked at her, smiled and nodded.

"Alright now get washed up"

2 hours later

"Mr. Gray thanks for everything again."

"No need son, I'm just helping out" We walked up to the front desk of the hospital

"Hi we'd like to sign someone in"

"No problem what's the name?"

"Akio Anzai" I said 

"And what for?"

"Amnesia" Said Mr. Gray

"Alright, someone will be right out for you in a few minutes" 

"Thank you" I said

"You never said your last name was Anzai? You Japanese or something?" Said Kallen

"I can't remember that right now either hehe" 

Me and the girls took a seat while Mr. Gray stood as I was forced to sit in the middle of the girls. Our seats were in the center of the room and in front of us was an old lady who was accompanied by a middle aged man. 

"L-Look son!" The old lady said as she pointed at me.

"It's the boy in the snow! The one I told you about!" 

"What?" Kallen immediately answered 

"Mother please stop it, I'm sorry she's obsessed with this story that her mother had read to her"

"No no please we'd like to hear this story" Said Kallen

"A boy, attacked and then taken from his family. Given great abilities... Yet he has no idea that he has them."

"Akio Anzai! Right this way please!" We all stood up and everyone but me moved along. 

"You're him aren't you?" She said

"Come on" Kallen grabbed my hand 

15 minutes later 

"So your parents are no where to be found, we can provide you with therapy treatments scheduled on certain dates. Also please due refrain from getting any injuries to your head."

"I'll do my best" I said

"What we have found is that your school papers have already been sent to the same school your friends here are attending at. Who did this? I'm not entirely sure."

"Well that's a win for us" Said Sophia 

"Yes indeed it is. I'll set up an appointment for your first therapy session Akio"

"Alright thank you very much" 

"Alright so that means he can just head to school right doctor?" Said Mr. Gray

"Yes, his schedule is similar to what his previous classes were in his last school"

"Okay thank you! Now it's time for me to drop you all off"

"Don't worry about the school supplies Akio, you're a new student anyways" Said Kallen

*knock knock* "Come in" Said the nurse. As the door opened a tall doctor came in and he was looking straight at me.

"Akio right?" "Ummm yeah? That's me?" He walked over to his desk with the mask on his face.

"Alright son, what I'm about to tell you isn't going to be easy to hear alright?"

"Umm okay? What is it? Do you know my parents?" "Both your parents took their lives sometime last night." My heart felt tight, my breathing started getting raggedy now. "How do you know this? Where are their bodies?" I asked

"That's classified I can't tell you, what I can tell you is-" "What do you mean you can't tell me?! They're my parents I deserve to know!" "Now now Aki, accor-" "Don't call me Aki!" I stood up frustrated

"According to a will they signed, you are now under the supervision of your older cousin."

"Ellie... what about Ellie!?" I asked "Your sister? Oh I'm so sorry, she too has...