Five

I'm practically gripping Tommy's left hand and arm tightly as we walk into the dance studio the next day. I can only take a guess as what Joe is going to think when he sees us walking in like this but I don't care.

After what happened yesterday, I need some form of protection or my normal when I'm around Joe and Tommy's it. He's like my bodyguard and my version of what normal is like for me.

My eyes find Joe as soon as Tommy moves away from my side and I smile to myself as he looks up at me from his phone. He's standing in the middle of the studio and is now staring intensely at Tommy and I.

"Afternoon, Joe." Tommy acknowledges loudly as he walks ahead of me to the setup laptop on a chair by the wall.

Joe says nothing but I can feel his stare on us. I briefly look up at Tommy when I get to his side. He smirks at me and I turn on the spot to look over at Joe.

"Tommy is going to be sitting in on this session," I announce on a sigh with a small smile creeping onto my lips. "He wants to see how we're getting on and will determine whether or not you need more lessons."

"Eh, aren't we supposed to have more than-" Joe starts.

"Meant to," I butt in and nod. I know he's going to say we've got a few more days left to practice together but if he knows the routine, he doesn't need those extra days. "However, seeing as you have picked up the dance routine pretty quickly, I don't see the need in continuing the lessons."

"But-"

"But I'll be the judge of that," Tommy interjects. He turns and looks over at Joe. "You'll have one dance with Isla and if I see you're more than capable of doing the dance without anymore lessons, you'll be excused from lessons to go back to your day job without coming here."

"You're joking, right? I have another two days to practice before I need to-"

"With the condition that on the fifth day you'll be watched by another professional dancer of the same sex to see if you need anymore lessons." Tommy folds his arms over his chest and shrugs. "So, shall we begin?"

I nod and walk over to Joe, feeling Tommy's eyes on me but mainly on Joe as a way to making sure he doesn't cross the line again.

"Phone away, Joe." I say as I stop in front of him.

He nods and throws his phone towards his bag and jacket at the side of the room. "Okay."

I take one step closer to him, closing a small part of the three feet gap I left when I walked over to him. He can close the rest of the gap because I wasn't the one who made the move to make things awkward with a kiss.

I watch him closely as he closes the gap, stepping close enough to me for me to feel his breath on my face. I nod once to him and place my left hand on his shoulder and hold my right hand out for him to take. He shuffles forward ever so slightly and takes my hand, his other hand finding the middle of my back.

I look up at Joe and take a deep breath. I'm expecting him to be looking at me but he's not. It's strange but I also know why he's not looking at me. He's trying to be professional because Tommy's in the room with us and he doesn't want to try anything. He's looking straight ahead but it won't be for long because like I've told him, he has to show affection while dancing and look at his dance partner while dancing. If he doesn't do those during this dance, I'll be stuck dancing with him for another two days until he gets-

Wait a minute . . . that's it.

That's what he's going to do. He's going to muck this dance up so there's no choice but to continue with the dance lessons for the next two days. He'll do something that he did on the first day of the dancing lessons and that'll set us back.