cold

it was a casual winter day for steve and bucky, which consisted of relaxing on the couch and watching random tv show marathons. the snow was coming down pretty hard, and was considered a 'snow day' for the school children. the large window that led to a balcony displayed a peaceful winter wonderland, completely left untouched.

steve flipped through the channels, yawning since there was nothing interesting to watch. "hey bucky. wanna go play outside?" steve asked out of the blue. bucky gave him a weird look in return.

"what. no steve are you crazy it's like negative ten or something," bucky replied, the pessimist he was. steve sighed and turned the tv off and sat up abruptly, walking toward his room.

"where are you going?" bucky asked, before he thought that it was a stupid question.

"where do you think i'm going," steve sassed back with a smirk, and closed the bedroom door behind him. bucky rolled his eyes and laid on the couch, too lazy and comfortable to move.

some time later on, steve came out, fully dressed in a warm outfit. "get dressed buck. we're going outside," steve informed, only to receive moody groans from him.

reluctantly, bucky finally got up to get dressed, and they walked out the apartment door, hand in hand. as they walked in the small elevator, bucky said "you should be thankful i somewhat like you."

steve laughed in response, pressing the buttons to go down to the first floor. "yeah, i somewhat like you too, back," the tall blonde said.

«»

they walked outside, where it was dead silent and glistened in a thick layer of snow from the night before's blizzard. the snowing has slowed down, so it was comfortable and not as rough. "it's so pretty. ive never seen new york like this before," bucky said.

"don't be silly. i'm pretty sure you've seen things like this throughout your lifetime," steve said as they walked out to what was usually the middle of the street.

"tell me again why we are out here," bucky asked, after an awkward while of standing in the cold.

"well, we can have a snowball fight, or make a
snowman. whatever you want, it's your pick," steve replied with a smile. even though they've only stood outside for a while, their noses and cheeks were starting to turn a light shade of pink.

"snowball fight?" bucky asked, and steve nodded in agreement.

"better get ready. 'cause I'm
obviously gonna beat you," steve taunted, and started pushing snow to form his snow fort.

"oh really. wanna bet on that?" bucky challenged, and rushed to get his snow ammo ready.

"why not. if i beat you, you have to give me twenty dollars and do dishes for a week," steve said, making bucky look a bit mad.

"if i win you have to do the cleaning for two weeks. you know how much i hate that," bucky said, and they walked to the middle of their forts to shake hands. "deal," they said in unison and ran back to their forts to get ready to fire.

it was bucky who threw the first snowball, accurately hitting steve on the forehead. "hey! i didn't say start!" steve yelled.

"too bad. now up your game or else you'll be doin some cleanin!" bucky called out. steve threw a large snowball, which hit a piece of bucky's fort, making that corner crumble. taking this opportunity, he threw another one, hitting bucky on the face.

bucky hit one, a missed steve since he ducked. snowballs flew back and forth. "okay okay, i surrender," bucky said and got up, putting his hands above his head. steve got up to go closer to him.

"knew you would," he said giving him a smirk.

"but of course you're good at dodges, you use a shield," bucky shot back, which only made steve stick his tongue out childishly. "you're such a child steve."

as steve leaned in to kiss bucky's cheek, bucky abruptly moved his faced to his left arm, and presses his lips against the exposed metal, from where he rolled up his sleeve. "hey, i'm stuck," steve mumbled, his lips attached to the cold metal. "help!"

bucky smiled to himself, and started to walk, slowly, dragging steve next to him. pleads and attempted yells were heard from steve, who was crouched down near bucky's elbow.

"one condition. you let me win that bet," bucky said, looking down to the upset steve.

"are you really gonna be petty right now? i need help it's starting to hurt," steve incoherently said, but bucky just put his human arm on his hip, waiting for steve to agree to his sayings.

after a couple minutes of silence, steve finally agreed. bucky used his right hand's warmth to separate his arm from bucky's lip, setting him free. "wow, it was that easy. i could've down that myself," steve said as he rubbed his burning cold lips.

"or its 'cause you're stupid," bucky hummed. "ready to go back inside, maybe have some dinner so you can do your chores?"

"you're salty," steve said, and bucky silently agreed. they started to trek back inside, leaving behind the messed up snow forts.

«»

"that was fun, but now i'm freezing," bucky said, criss crossing his arms in an attempt to stay warm, since the elevator didn't have heat.

"we can turn the fireplace on when we get up," steve suggested.

when they reached the seventh floor, they hastily paced to their apartment. steve unlocked it and immediately turned the heat up, along with the fireplace. "hot cocoa?" bucky asked.

"sure. that does sound amazing at the moment," steve said, his teeth shivering. bucky set up the hot drinks while steve placed their soaking wet clothes near the fireplace to dry.

bucky came into their living room moments later, two steaming cups of goodness in his hands. he passed one to steve, and he nearly burnt his lips with the hot cocoa trying to warm himself. they sat near the fireplace, with bucky leaning on steve's shoulders.

eventually, bucky leaned in to softly kiss steve, breaking it moments after.

"you still have to clean for two weeks."

»»»
that was fluffy.

*sigh* here it comes. im sorry to tell u this but this is my last ever book that'll be published here.

I'll just be reading one last book, and after that, I'm gone for good.

thank u guys for this very eventful year on wattpad. it was fun meeting new ppl and im gonna miss everyone

hope u guys stay well

xoxo