Lati's Island

Long ago, two eggs were found in a pool in Lilycove City. A young man took them home to show his pregnant wife, who took a great liking to the smooth eggs. The man took the eggs everywhere he went. Work, the hospital, the library, and to the store. His wife went into labor one day, and came forth with an ill child. After 10 years, the man was walking to the hospital to see his sick child, when he felt a strange presence. He took the eggs out of his bag, and in each hand, watched them crack. A blue Pokemon in his left hand and a red one in his right. He was so excited with his new companions, that he ran to the hospital with them, ignoring the protests of the doctors and nurses of his childs unstable condition.

Placing the newborn Pokemon on the bedside of his child, the red one sat on his chest as it's eyes started to glow white. The feeble heart of the young boy grew stronger, no longer needing the help of machines to do everyday things. The boy named it Latias, knowing that it was a girl. She was delighted. The blue one, being a boy, was named Latios, and bore a red triangle on his chest, just as his sister bore a blue triangle on her chest. After the hospital had let the miracle child go home for the first time since he was born, Latias and Latios began to feel ill. Worried, the family scrambled to find a cure to the unknown illness that prevented the Lati siblings from getting up. They tried herbs, remedies for colds, berries from far away places, but nothing worked. Soon, Latias and Latios could barely lift their heads. The father, thinking it was perhaps their last day of life, took them on the family boat with his son. "Latias, Latios, I love you both. I hope you two get better." he said petting their soft heads. Latias held onto his pant leg and coughed weakly while Latios held her free hand. They pulled up to an old dock and tied the boat up. Carrying the 4 foot tall and 88 pound Latias on his back, the boy walked beside his father, who carried the 6 foot tall and 132 pound Latios. They walked into the dense forest, where they gently put the sick Lati siblings on the soft grass.

From behind a thick tree, a reckless couple surveyed the scene before them. The teenage boy flicked a burning match onto the ground, watching the fire grow hungrily. Latios saw the begining of the end and cried out. The father whipped around while the fire quickly spread. Taking his son's hand, they ran for the docks, only to be met with despair as the selfish teenagers skipped over the churning waves in their boat. Fear struck them both. They ran back to the coughing Lati siblings, who saw the circle of fire closing in on them. The fierce glow and heat of the fire stained their faces with tears of despair. Each grabbing a human, the Pokemon  unleashed the remaining strength holed up within their hearts. Called upon, rain clouds doused the blazing fire. Latios opened up is arms, seeing the crisp blackened bodies of the already burnt father. He looked over at his heartbroken sister, who held the body of the boy. The sorrow of losing the first family they ever had devastated them, but over the years as they regained their strength and health, they tried to help whoever came to the Southern Island in need of a friend, healing, or a place to quietly observe the serenity and pray for the lost souls of the father and his son. They waited for someone with a pure heart, just like the young boy, to come to the island and take the misery out of their immortal hearts.