Chapter 1: home

Chapter 1: Home

It had been three years since Naruto had left Konaha, to get stronger and bring back Sasuke. Still, even when Sasuke came back one year after he left, Naruto had yet to return.

It just so happened that team seven, minus Naruto, had been called to the Hokages' office. The three of them stood in front of her, as she looked them over.

"Thank you for coming," she started. "I plan to add a new member to your team, today."

Sakura, Sasuke, and Kakashi looked at her like she was going crazy.

"What about Naruto?! You can't put someone else in his spot!" Sakura screeched at Tsunade.

"Shut up," she said bluntly. "Naruto himself has asked me to place her on your team. So, if you have a problem with it, you can talk to him!" She glared at the pink hair girl, daring her to say more.

"Now let me tell you about her. She has been out of the village for some time. So please calm with her. And never, I mean never, talk to her about parents, unless she starts the conversation."

Once she received a nod from them, she calmly looked towards the door.

"You can come in now, Naru!"

"Yes, Hokage-Sama," a sweat and soft voice came from the other side of the door.

As the door slowly slipped open, team seven stared at the new comer.

She had blue eyes, which shamed both the sky and the ocean. On her cheeks were three scratches on either side of her face. Messy blond hair framed her cheeks in the front and had two orange clips on her bangs. Her hair was long and in a ponytail. She wore a blue shirt that covered her neck but left her arms bare, and a fishnet shirt under the blue one. On her right arm was a glove longer then the left. A long sword in a brown sheath was on her back. Orange-brown shorts went slightly past her knees and revealed bandages that wrapped around her legs (Similar to Sasuke), and one ninja sandal longer than the other.

"Team seven this is Naru."

"That's just Naruto!" Sakura yelled out.

"Shut up!" Tsunade shouted at the girl.

"Naru is not Naruto!"

"But..."

"Enough of this Sakura!" Tsunade cut in.

"Hokage-Sama, as much as I like listening to you fight with people, I still have to finish unpacking," said Naru.

Tsunade looked sadly at the girl but understood. "All right then, you are dismissed." With those words Naru started walking out when Sakura's arm swung over and took Naru's hand, but quicker than any one of them could see, Naru pressed a kuni to Sakura's throat.

"Don't touch me," she said in a cold voice. Sakura quickly let go of her arm and received a fierce glare from Naru.

"Kota, it's time to leave," Naru said as she walked out. Following behind her they could see a white-gray, fluffy thing pass by the door.

"Sakura I suggest you don't anger Naru. She lets very few people have any physical contact with her. I don't know what happened but during her trip something completely changed her."

"I can't believe I thought that bitch was Naruto!" Tsunade through a paperweight at Sakura.

"Ouch!" Sakura quickly cupped her head.

TUNA

Oh, was Sakura wrong. Naru really was Naruto. She was never a boy. Truth be told she only hid her gender so the people in the village couldn't do certain things to her. It was the Third that suggested she didn't tell anyone who she was, or what she was. The old man had taken her secret to the grave with him. When he died Naru no longer had the will to present herself in front of others, but when her godfather/teacher had taken her away from the village for training, she finally let go of her henge. But she changed when something happened to her, only one year after she left. Leaving her scared of people, and unable to trust anything human.