Sword Art Online: Survival

Prologue

I stood there... 

I stood there as panic spread across the plaza. We just got the announcement that SAO was no game. This was the real thing. I was frozen in place as the screams of the other players echoed throughout the town of beginnings.

I closed my eyes, trying to figure out what to do in this situation. We had to get out of here, before things got heated. I grabbed her hand, and we ran across the plaza down into an alley.

“In here.” I said

We entered a small dark room on the left hand side of the alley. I looked through my menus, trying too find something to light the place up. I found a “Rusty Lantern” that I bought off a merchant from the market square, just in case I needed it. I took it out of my inventory, and it lit up by itself.

“There, that’s better, how you holding up Naomi?”

I turned too her too see her crying. I placed the lantern down, sat her down and held her.

“Kenji… I’m scared. She said in a terrified voice as tears went down her face

I held her closer.

“I’m scared too, but this is no game Naomi, if we are too survive, then we have too be strong.” I replied in a calming voice

“I’m not sure why Kayaba would do something like this, but he did it, and succeeded.”

Bastard. 10,000 people trapped inside SAO. Is this a joke? Is this just a joke to pull on the players to celebrate the launch of the game?

No… If it were a joke, it would be over by now.

Naomi looked up at me. She grabbed my hand.

“Your… Your going to protect me, aren’t you Kenji?” She said, staring into my eyes

“Your not going to die Naomi, I promise your going to survive, and escape this place” I replied back too her.

Can I really keep this promise? As I said that too her, my heart ached. The thought of losing Naomi made me dizzy. I shook my head trying to keep the thought from making me any worse, stood up and grabbed her whilst running out the door. Without hesitation, we were running from the Town of Beginnings. I looked at the guide book the ex-beta testers were handing out. The next town was just up the road. If we get there quickly, we can get ahead of everyone else.

We hit a clifface, and stopped for a breather. We looked over the world as the sunset, and saw the next town below in the distance. 2oo people are already dead.

This is it, I have too get my head in the game, for both our sakes.