Prologue: The End?

To whom it may concern,

It is with great sorrow that I write to inform you of the impromptu death of a certain respected Colonel-Commissar from your most noble house, milord died at the climax of a military operation. It is with great regret I inform you that milord's body is unaccounted for and consequently unavailable for a burial, befitting of his stature, resulting in various speculations as to his cause of death, though the witnesses of his glorious demise surmised that no man could survive from the resulting backlash of his final act.

As a commissar, milord's personal details are classified to the standard administration, though he has spoken of his family in the past during his field duty as well as mentioned his surname therefore we have tracked you through it. We of the general staff have judged it fit to inform you with all due haste.

It has been requested in his will for all his belongings, inheritance and pension be retained to an individual not of your house. For confirmation: Said will is enclosed along with this letter. We request to be informed whether to follow through with the request or otherwise.

Contained in the parcel that arrived with this missive are his personal effects - specifically his personal diaries, and numerous field and research journals – his recognition of service as well as his multiple awards and medals. For the recompense of milord's life, please address the local planetary army administration, a statue has been commissioned to be built on the site of his death to commemorate his deed.

-Signed,Lord Castellan Vahn Urraca