Prologue

It was mesmerizing to look out the window, watching as the world passed by them as they traveled from state to state, hours upon hours. Doctor Sully noticed that if she lingered on the fact that they'd been in the car for 2 days now, the trip would become significantly slower and more painful than it already was. Because of that, Sully would let her mind wander as it pleased for as long as it pleased. After a while, she found herself coming across the reason for their travels. She looked over in the driver's seat to see her colleague, Doctor Fitz. He'd been oddly quiet for a while now, probably lost in his thoughts also. The two finally reached their destination in Oklahoma City a few hours later. They felt so relived to finally be done with their trip. The doctors greeted their co-workers they'd come so far to meet in their new business's first building. The building was relatively small and resembled a warehouse with an office space, and their excuse for such a low quality area was "You have to start somewhere."
The group sat in their make-shift meeting room to talk about the experiment they were going to conduct secretively. Doctor Sully and Fitz were hired to go undercover to perform an observation on an oblivious subject for the purpose of research on human behavior and psychology. In return for the observation, the two would each be given a large quantity of money, enough to retire them both for the rest of their lives and the following generation. When they were offered this reward, the two doctors instantly became interested despite that they didn't know the task they'd be given first. They'd driven all the way from North Carolina to Oklahoma City to learn more about the experiment.
Once there, they were given a contract to sign stating that, once signed, there was no turning back and they were restricted to follow only their directions. Sully was surprised by Fitz's immediate willingness and lack of hesitation or question once the task was told and the contract was given. But, reluctantly, Sully signed the contract along with her partner.