Chapter 3

"Alex Birmighan. Age 14. Take a seat." 

He sat onto the chair that was facing the policeman. He looked at Alex, then looked down at the paper he slid down the table.

Birmighan, Alex

December 12, 2001 (14)

Green Eyes

Male

Biracial

132 pounds.

"What's this supposed to be?"He looked into the man's eyes.

"Some information we got about you. We could get a lot more if we'd like. But, this isn't about you. This is about Casey Simmons." Alex's face went blank.

"First question - what does she look like?"

"Curly hair, chestnut-toned skin, brown eyes, around 5'3-"

"We heard you were here best friend. Do you know anything about her whereabouts?"

"No." Of course he knew, she told him about it plenty of times. And although he never wanted to lose Casey, he let her go because he loved her and wanted her to be happy. He felt his eyes burn.

"C'mon, kid. This is your dear friend. You don't want her dead, do you? She's only 13, she could be harmed. There are creepy people out there, ya know?" The police chuckled. Alex gripped the arm of the chair. He felt his knuckle crack.

"I wish I could help, but no can do." The police stood up.

"Well it looks like you don't care enough to help the poor young lady. I hope you feel the guilt when-" The screeching of the chair being pushed back cut him off.

"Aren't you supposed to help people? You're a police, for heaven's sake! Do your job. Find her. If I knew where she was, don't you think I'd speak up?" And he wasn't lying - he didn't know where Casey was. He only knew where she was trying to get to, and he didn't know where that was. Or if it even existed.

"Calm down, kid," the policeman placed his hands on Alex's shoulders, smiling.

"Get your goddamn hands off me! None of this is funny. She's missing. So instead of asking me all these stupid questions, get the hell off of your ass and do something!" The police nodded. He opened the door and motioned for Alex to exit. With his hands still balled into a fist, Alex stomped out and watched his mom take his place in the room. God, he hated that room.

He sat in the waiting chair, his burning with tears.

Casey, he thought, come home.

*** AUTHORS NOTE-

Ik this was a vvv short chapter, but I kinda just wanted to introduce Alex. *sigh* The main reason was to ask this -  dO YOU SHIP CASEY WITH JACKSON OR ALEX???

I also know my writing is crap, just leave me alone (,-.-), ***