Chapter Eighteen

Once again, I was invisioning something, but this time, it was much different.

A man stumbled through a forest, taking hardly any time to rest and observe his injuries. He was arguing heavily with himself and looking back often. Suddenly, my vision shifted to another man, tall in figure and and very skinny, but yet, you could still see the very deep indents of his bulging muscles that thickened his arms.

He held a sword, cutting down limbs to make an easier path to the man he was chasing. Blood was splattered on his face, arms, and clothes, but this blood was not his. Not yet.

Suddenly, I sat straight up from the ground, accidentally hitting Augun in the head. "My apologies.", I said as I rubbed my head. "Are you hurt?", he asked. "No-just confused."

He pulled me up and I grabbed onto a nearby wagon. "What happened?", he asked. "I do not know."

He looked concerned but his men just laughed. "Could you please take me away from them.", I asked as I tried to limp away. Augun nodded and began to take me to the main part of camp. "I need to ask you something.", I said. "Have you ever killed anybody?"

"I'm a Viking, of course I have, Lagertha!", he said defensively. "No. I mean...anybody important. A man that just would not quit-would not stop running."

"Yes. It was Arvid's father."

"Who is Arvid?", I asked. "The Viking king that I want you to kill. He hates me because I killed his father. But I had my reasons."

"What were they?"

"He killed my sister. She was right at the time. I'll never forgive him for it...even if he is in the grave."

"Anymore questions?"

"Yes."

"What?"

"Do you love me?"

Augun had a shocked look on his face. "Why?", he asked. "If I am ever to make a decision of marriage, I must know if you truly love me."

"Well, of course I do!", he exclaimed. I furrowed my brows, as if not believing that he could not change from hardened and cold to completely merry in a matter of seconds. "Do you not believe me?", he asked. I shook my head.

He sighed and stood up from the ground. Leaning down, he kissed my cheek and said, "Sleep well."

"I won't.", I mumbled under my breath as he went back to his men and continued showing them sword tricks and the proper way to dodge an arrow.

A/N: OMG! I am really sorry for the wait! I had a horse show recently, so I have been completely busy with that. I thank you guys so much for being patient! Have a great 4th of July and don't forget to vote! Bye! 😊😊