twenty three

A few hours later

"Hey... (Y/N)..."

'What... Who's calling me?'

I saw a figure with a blurred face that was wearing a white dress that covered her feet.

'(Y/N)... It's me. Did you forget?'

'Who are you? Where did you come from?'

'It's me... Your mother.'

Jean's Point of View

"Geez, I never knew she could be such a heavy sleeper." I said after a few failed attempts to wake her up. "I wanna hurry up and get back to my room... I should've known it would be freezing on the roof."

"Ngh..." I heard her say in her sleep. "Mom..."

'Mom? Is she dreaming of her?' I thought to myself.

I began to tap her shoulder to try to wake her up again and this time, she turned her head away from me. In the process of turning her head, her hair began to cover her face.

'For crying out loud...'

I leaned over her body and began to move her hair out of her face until I saw a tear stream out from the corner of her eye.

"(Y/N)? Hey, (Y/N) wake up." Worried, I gripped one of her shoulders and began to shake her a little more aggressively than before. Soon, her eyes slowly opened and her eyes began to water even more. She shot up from her position and locked her arms around me with her face buried in my chest.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong?" I asked while rubbing her back.

"I can't remember..." She said inbetween sobs.

"What can't you remember?"

"My mother... Every single dream that I have of her... her face is always blurred out and I can't make out a single feature of her face... I forgot her, Jean... How could I-"

"Hey, it's okay.. It'll be alright." I say awkwardly while trying to comfort her. She continues to cry and nothing I do seems to help her stop.

'Okay, Jean. You've got no choice. You gotta just go for it. I mean, what else can you do in this situation? A girl is crying, for Christ's sake.'

After mentally preparing myself, I embrace her even harder than she was holding on to me. I noticed that her sobs stopped.

"J-Jean?" I hear her muffled voice say through my shirt.

"I know it's been hard on you these past few years. Maybe now is the hardest and the most emotional. But you know... I... I want to support you in your time of need. Just like how you did for me a long time ago." I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks.

After a little bit of sniffles and wiping of tears, she let go and sat down.

"Thanks. I really appreciate it." She says with a slight smile.

"Of course. It's getting pretty late. Should we get going?" I ask her as I get up. While looking down at her small figure sitting on the floor, I hold out my hand for her to grab. As I feel her touch, I pull her up. Unable to let our hands go, we begin to walk back in the building together.

Author's Note: Second update today! #proud

And sorry if you were expecting something like a kiss in this part LOL the authority that authors have is truly terrifying