~Silent Emotions~

I could hear my name being called, in that familiar honey voice that I had been dying to hear again.

I wanted to turn around. I wanted to go back how it has always been, safe and silent, or even back to where in this situation, I'd reply, "yes?".

But that I had come so far now to resist it. I couldn't give up now.

I had to resist the bars of his beauty, of his kindness, of his grace. I couldn't be captured in his prison of "love" again. Especially beause his "love", couldn't possibly be love.

To see his face again, would cause too much pain for my aching heart, not that he would notice.

My emotions were silent, unnoticable, like a shadow, rather than the real thing.

It took every last of my resolve to tell my heart to keep my head straight, and run.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm running away from silence. No, that's not it, I'm running away from my empowering emotions for him; so strong, it was scary. That's why I lock them up, sealing them tightly into a small box, shut in the back of my heart. Because love is weakness. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I stil don't get it. My heart is locked and my lips are sealed. Nothing could betray me. But it did. 

He's beautiful, everyone's definition of perfect; One of those guys who are silently amazing, but out of all those other girls, he chose me. And I chose 'yes'.

He's tall, unbelievably talented, and absolutely gorgeous. Comparing me to him is like comparing a rock to a water lily. But even so, he chose me.

Every move he makes, leaves butterflies in my chest. He does everything I am too gutless to do. But still,  I chose 'yes'.

I just kept waiting and waiting, for him to fall for someone else, to say it was over and never real. That's why I cast away any form of emotion I felt towards him into that small box; but it never happened. Overtime, the box had gotten full. So full, that one little whisper escaped out. That one line; those three words; spoken that night. "I love you".