Chapter 1

Few Months Ago

Rain. It's all I hear from my window. I feel a tear slowly roll down my cheek. Why? Why must this happen to me? It always happens to me. I get up from my window seat and start packing. This I my second adoption home this month so far and now I'm going back to the Adoption Center/Home. My parents gave me up for some crazy reason but at this point I don't care anymore. There's a knock in my door. "Come in," I told the person on the other side. "Hey Sabrina," my adoption younger sister greeted. "Hi Lucy," I greeted back to her. "I'm going to miss you a lot. Don't forget about me," Lucy demanded and laughed. That's what I love about her. She can brighten up the dark clouds in a room. While we talk, I continue to pack. I hug her real tight. My adoption father that hates me with a passion bursts through the door. "Come on. Your ride is here," he explains. He rips Lucy's embrace off me. "I'll miss you Lucy!" I yell. We finally reach downstairs and my ride is waiting. My "father" yanks my bag off me and throws my bag in the trunk. He pulls me into an embrace and whispers,"No one is going to miss you in this damn house." I slowly pull out of his embrace and he leaves. I get the car quickly so I won't get wet. Now, the driver and I slowly drive away to the Adoption Center/Home.