Ki Su

Ki Su walked slowly home with a cut lip and black eye again. Kids at school were bullying him. This it because his mother and him did not sell some of their lifespan to the rich. It was the new style after all. There was a new technology that allowed someone to transfer a year of their life to another person. It was very expensive, risky, and sometimes a bit of the other person's personality was exchanged in the transfer, but if you had enough money and was brave enough for the risks, people would pay a lot of money for an additional five or even ten years. The poorest citizens could move from poverty to the upper middle class from selling even five years to the highest class. More and more poor were doing it. Ki Su and his mother was one of the last families with their full lifespan left, and so Ki Su was teased. Especially since he was so poor they could not afford their own home and he lived with his mother's workplace in a closet at the farthest corner of the enormous house. Ki Su's mother was a maid and he helped her by cooking for the rich family they lived with. His mother looked up from vacuuming the carpet.

"Oh you're here...What happened to your face..were you bullied again? I am so sorry I can't help you right now can you put a bandage on it, and I can clean it later. When you are done will you get started on their meal? The ajama was very sad today because her daughter is not answering her calls. You know she goes to a boarding school and has not come home since she was fourteen. Kumowahptha my sweet son. You are such a help."

"Nae omah. I will get this cleaned up and I will see what ingredients are in the refrigerator that I can use to make a yummy meal. She might not eat it all and there could be leftovers so we could have a full dinner as well. 

"oh my precious son thank you so much." my mother called to me as I walked down the hall to our tiny closet we call home.

Author's note... These are just some ideas I have written...