All Along

--

To say Sam was old would be an exaggeration. He was only 25 and in what one may describe as his prime. His career was going smoothly and his latest album recently received a platinum award. He also was set to be part of a primetime teleserye in a leading role and ASAP regularly had him guest. He wasn't close to retirement age and there was no rush to settle down. However, watching all his friends find love and even marry made him envious. He had so much ahead and the single life had its perks--call it peer pressure, though, but he longed for someone to experience all the fun and wild adventures with. He loved his friends, but it wasn't the same as having a significant other. Sure, he dated and went from relationship to relationship and even some one night stands in the mix, but it wasn't enough. The girls he dated perhaps satisfied him on a physical level, but they weren't the type who he could be himself with and let loose. 

People could describe him as generally a nice person, in some ways quiet--but approachable and social. He had a mischievous side and a love affair with music, but no one could fully understand. No one who he at least may have a romantic interest in.

Sam let out a sigh as his thumb glided down on his phone screen. He was currently scrolling through a girl's Facebook page and trying to find whatever he can about her. A mutual friend offered to set them up on a date. Sam, after a plethora of horrific blind date set ups, opted out of such a scenario and told the friend he'd get back to them after looking through to see if there's even a tiny possibility the date can go successfully.

She was beautiful and his type--mestiza with curves in what he would describe as being in "all the right spots." Her profile was filled with pictures from photoshoots and she was stunning like all the other girls he had dated in the past. No matter how beautiful they were, none ever worked out and he couldn't put his finger on as to why he just couldn't find the right one for him. Contrary to usual stereotypes, most were not vain at all--they were all genuinely nice, but they couldn't click with him. It wasn't that they had dreadful personalities...they just weren't meant to be.

And really, he wanted to know who would be right for him.

"Hey bro," A voice greeted, startling Sam and prompting him to drop his phone on the ground.

"Jesus Christ, James," Sam groaned as he picked up the phone and tilted it away from his friend.

James smirked and overlapped his arms together. "If you were looking at porn--no judgement, I promise."

Sam rolled his eyes as annoyed grunt escaped from his throat. "It's always probably porn with you, isn't it? Haven't you ever thought that maybe I'm having a private conversation? Or perhaps that just 'cause someone angles their phone away from another person it does not mean they are hiding something?"

"I'm just joking, dude," James let out a chuckle as he tried to stretch his head over and see what exactly his friend was doing.

Sam instinctively turned his phone away from whatever direction James was attempting to seep through. "It's not fashionpulis either; I've finally stopped myself from reading that trash blog."

James sarcastically clapped his hands. "It only took two gay accusation blind items and one suggesting you and Jasmine had a steamy hook up to get you to realize that the blog and commenters are full of bullshit," he remarked somewhat harshly. 

Sam shrugged. "Can you blame me? It's hard not not to read what others say about you. I'm sure you would know," he reminded.

James sucked in the air and begrudgingly nodded. At the start of his career, he focused far too much on the negative comments people left him particularly regarding his "party boy image" and "playboy antics." However, it soon became apparent that those people did not deserve his attention and that there will always be people bashing regardless. Instead of focusing on the negativity, his time was better spent enjoying himself or even making jokes with the fans.