Tomorrow

The old door creeks open. It is as if I am in a sea of greenery. Vines, trees, bushes, and plants surround me. I instantly recognize the beautiful scenery; it is Jane's backyard. 

     Jane Autumn was one of my best friends, she was one of the only ones that knows my secret. Well, besides my family of course. Jane had first found out when she had gotten a new pet.

     I had gone into the future, through the door and blah blah blah; and I had seen her hugging a cat. At age eight, it was the first pet she had ever had, so of course she was very happy. The cat was named Pepper, and after 9 years, she is still alive and energetic. 

     Anyway. On Monday she was jumping up and down shouting "Guess what! Guess what!"

     Without thinking I spoke. " You got a new cat." I blurted out. 

     She just stared at me in astonishment. I guess she could of assumed that her parents had called me or something, but it was most likely not true. 

     The Autumn family likes keeping to themselves, and they weren't really the chatty type. My parents were basically her parents since she always came over.

     Of course, my parents weren't that happy to hear I had given away me secret to someone, but at least they knew they could trust Jane.

     I stand in Jane's beautiful backyard, I admire her family's brilliant topiary. Jane was an only child and you could tell she took after her parents with her awesome gardening skills. I hear the sound of a screen door open and close. Whipping my head around, I spot Jane's mother. I always loved looking at her mom because it was like she had the most beautiful face on planet earth.

     I know that she can't see me, so I didn't bother hiding. Then I notice that she has a watering can and gloves. Probably just the normal garden tending. I think to myself. Since there is nothing exiting out here, I decide to enter the house. I had never really been here in real life, but I came here a lot in the future.

     I was hard to tell the house from the backyard. The walls are painted a light green, and in other rooms brown. In every room, you can find at least three plants, neatly placed in finely shaped pottery. Jane's room was so pretty, it was hard to believe that she didn't spend most of her time in it.

     A small meow comes from the neatly made bed. I have to search with my eyes, until I finally spotted Pepper curled up by one of the big pillows. At almost ten years old, she still acted like a cute little kitten. I wished I could pet her, but I knew my hand would only go through her.

     I wondered where Jane was. I could tell from her calender, that it was Sunday. Then it occured to me that she was most likely at my house. But why did my thoughts take me here? I ask myself. Sometimes I wish someone could just tell me what was happening, and why I was here, but I guess that would just be too easy.

     Another thing I have always wanted to do, was look into my own future, but it was impossible. I knew that if I could see my own future, it would just mess things up. That is why I can't always tell Jane her future, even when she begs me to death. It stinks because I can't see the answers to tests in the future either.