What are you?

Chapter-4 

When I woke up I found a rectangular box which was placed at the corner of my king sized bed 

I moved towards the box and opened it to find a lacy black dress. With that there was a note saying

Wear it for tonight's party 

The car will pick you at 7 

- TREVOR

I looked up at the time to see that I had two hours and thirty minutes left to get ready.

When the hot shower hit my bare skin my memories drifted back to Erick. Tears poured down my cheeks. The thought of him leaving me alone pained me and the thought of him suffering out there somewhere worsened the pain.

As usual the maids helped me to dress up; the dress reached my mid thigh exposing a lot of skin. The makeup was minimal and the brunette curls were left loose which reached down my waist. I looked complete when I wore my blood red Prada heels.

I was starving, but before the maids could bring me something to eat a Rolls Royce parked in front of the mansion. The thought of getting answers from Trevor and coming back soon from the party to find Erick made me rush towards the door  

The driver opened the back door of the car and I hopped in.

The travel was quiet long. I was curious to know why Trevor wants to marry me; though I was rich I was sure that I wasn't worth enough to be bought for billions of dollars. I was sure that the most beautiful and rich women would throw themselves over him, but why me?

There were no street lamps and it was pitch dark outside. I started panicking when we were nearing the woods, when I enquired the driver about where he was taking me, he noticed my fear and told that the Kingston's mansion was situated in the middle of the woods and we are now very close to the mansion. But that dint convince me until the driver took a left and my eyes widened at the sight of the mansion which was three times bigger than where I lived.

As soon as I got down from the car I went inside to find Trevor but then I was immersed in the stone arches crowned with a wood vaulted ceiling as I heard to the faded clicks of my heels on polished marble floors. At the centre of the hall there was a roof made of architecturally sculptured wood and glass. Anyone visiting here during daylight will have a treat to their eyes. Although this was a private home, I immediately sensed the feel of a grand museum.

There were people everywhere dressed in expensive attire; everything around me was very formal. Trevor was nowhere in sight so; I tried to reach the table where the food was kept. Hello sweetheart, I heard a feminine voice call from behind, when I looked around, I found a women in her late forties beaming at me.

You must be June, she smiled at me 

Yes I am, I gave a small smile 

I am Karen, Karen Kingston, Trevor's mother, she spoke enthusiastically  

Only then I noticed how much Trevor looked like his mom 

I shook my hands and said nice to meet you Mrs. Kingston 

Oh call me Karen, she insisted 

I smiled and nodded again

I was pretty sad when Karen told me that Trevor has gone out for an urgent business and he will be back soon, I knew I couldn't leave this place any sooner.

Karen introduced me to Trevor's dad Mr. David Kingston. 

He gave a warm and inviting smile. He looked just the same from last week's magazine.