Chapter 1 ~ Train

Melvin came to reality and slowly raised his head off the cold, hard seat he was resting on. He looked around the full train. The dull lights were reflecting off the bars, flickering as the carriage chugged forward. “Satan…?” He whispered, but his dampened voice was lost in the crowd.

   Out of the corner of his eye he saw a pointed red tail flick between a couple of men, and he shakily got out of his seat. His face hit something soft as he started to stumble forward, and he grabbed onto it without thinking. When his eyes came back into focus, and he realised it was someone in a black hoodie. The person turned and Melvin realised what had happened. “Sorry, I-“ He started, but he was cut off when he saw Satan’s smiling face peeking from under the hood. “What are you wearing?” Melvin asked. “I could ask you the same thing, you know.” Satan replied, smugly. Melvin looked down at his clothes and almost jumped up in surprise. He was wearing a brown jacket with a white plain tee underneath, and jeans.

    “What am I wearing!?” He shrieked. Satan patted his shoulder and guided him to the seat he was sat on before. “It’s to help us blend in.” He said. “Oh… why do we need to blend in?” Melvin questioned again. Satan leaned into his ear and whispered, “It’s a secret.” He nuzzled his nose into Melvin’s neck, and he draped an arm around Satan’s shoulders. “Okay.” He whispered back, and planted a soft kiss on Satan’s lips.