Chapter 1: The beginning

*shrieks*

"Momm?"

The corridor was so dark that I couldn't see anything.

I live in this house since I was born but, why does it feel like I didn't knew it at all? Sometimes it felt like the brick is calling me out, like there is something underneath it, but there is no way that I could break it. Mom and dad won't ever explain anything about these strange feeling. So I keep on walking.

Keep on walking while touching these walls thinking, what's wrong with my feeling, why's my house have to be kept in the dark, and why wouldn't they tell me anything?

Stumbling upon stack of books, I've safely arrived at my mother's library. Well, basically it is not just a place where she reads all her books, but also her office in our house.

When I entered the unclosed door everything seems to be usual, but then stand a woman probably in mid thirty in front of her desk. They seem to be in a serious chat.

What is it they are talking about?

I move my legs slowly, there are a bunch of books here. The library has high ceiling so a small sound could be heard properly by the echo. When I finally get closer to them, I can see the woman giving a bag to my mom. She opens it. There's a lot of money in there. What's that for?

Keep on listening and maybe I'll find some answer.

"Good job Sera, but the most important task haven't been done yet." She close the bag and stand up. "When will you do it?" her eyes bare to the lady's sharply.

"I've everything prepared now master. I could do it anytime you need." The woman speaks calmly like she has nothing to worry about.

What is it all really about? Maybe if get a better view I can understand all of this. I just have to pass this one shelf. Move my leg a little bit and "Ugghh." I look down, my knees are throbbing a little bit. I should know that one last book will be a pain for me.

Facing the front, there have already a set of stiletto high heels. "Ehem.. child, have you been listening to us?" looking up, my mother look down upon me with a stern look.

"I'm sorry mom, your door was open."

"Well then since you're here, I'd like you to meet someone." She walks back to her desk. Standing up, I walk to her desk and stand beside her.

"Arabella, this is Seraphina Hudson. And Sera this is the girl that I talked about." The middle age woman neared me, she bend over then touch my shoulder "what a lovely daughter you have here master. I bet she's going to pretty and talented like you are when she grows up." She stand up again, then look at my mother seriously "I'd do anything to protect them."

"If that so, there won't be any problem if you do the deed now, don't you?" mom circle her hand around my shoulder, she gives it a squeeze.

"Like I said, everything have been prepared master." The way her blue eyes look at my mother's, shows that she is ready for whatever it is.

"Good then. Now Arabella, go to your room and pack your bag. You're going away for a while now." She look down, then move her hand.

"What? Why so sudden?"

She starts walking away with the woman, and when she's in front of the door, she stops.

"Just do what I said! After you finished packing, go to the backyard. Seraphina will be waiting for you there." Just like that, she close the door. Leaving me with no explanation. Leaving me in the dark.