Frustration

I was baking in the kitchen again. It was Friday night and like I had been craving all week I was finally getting the chance to bake some cookies. Half milk chocolate chip and half dark because Vick hated milk chocolate and I hated dark. I knew he was around here somewhere. Whenever he came over he tended to make himself at home, take a few naps in my bed and try on some of my bras because he thinks its funny.

     He followed me home today. I kept insisting that I needed some alone time. I had pretty much failed a chemistry test and all I wanted was some sugar and fat and to lounge around in some sophies and a t-shirt. Of course Vick decided that he needed to come keep me company while I did all of these things and invited himself over. My parents were out for date night and when I had mentioned Vick's name in the conversation my mother told me to "be safe" and then dismissed the topic. Vick was my best friend, he has been for like five years since 8th grade right when I entered my awkward stage, and he's seen me through a few boyfriends (okay like one) and a teenage girl crisis.

     "Vick!" I called his name through the house as I stirred the brownie batter in the bowl pressed against my stomach.

     "You're making brownies too?" his voice entered the kitchen but I continued to watch the mixture, dipping my finger into it and then bringing a glob of batter to my mouth. Of course most of the batter never made it to my mouth, and dripped right on my exposed chest just barely missing the neck line of my shirt.

     "Shit." I cursed and placed the bowl on the counter. Both of my hands were covered mostly in the gooey chocolate and in an effort to keep my white shirt white I turned towards the sink.

     "I got it." Vick's deep voice breathed close to my ear and he ran his finger along the line of chocolate, scooping it up and then licking it away from his finger tips.

     "What the hell was that?" I snapped after a pregnant pause.

     "Just helping you out. You know cause' that's what friends do. They help each other out." Vick leant back against the frame of the kitchen door and I analyzed him for a moment. His curly black hair was cut short on his head with a few strands hanging over the top of his forehead. He was smiling at me, his dark eyes following every change in my countenance while he kept his muscular arms crossed and smiled slightly at my expression.

     "Do you need help or something?" I asked and pointed the tip of the wooden spoon at his nether region before I licked it clean of brownie mix. Vick's eyes watched the sweep of my tongue and I turned around in confusion and horror at his suggestive behavior.

     "Maybe." he breathed.

     "You know if I didn't know any better I would think that you were coming on to me." I tried to shake the long thick dark brown hair gathered around my neck back behind me and started humming.

     "Here, let me help you out." Vick pushed off from the wall and used a finger to brush my hair away from my shoulder. The gesture did not seem the least bit innocent, but my suspicions were correct when he tugged on my sleeve and blew the slightest bit of cold air over my collar bone.

     "Vick?" I questioned and paused my stirring to await his next actions.

     "Yes?" he answered quietly and pressed himself up against me, placing both hands on my hips and trapping me against the counter while he kissed up my neck to the sweet spot just below my ear.

     "What are you doing?" I could barely contain the moan that was building inside of my throat as Vick held me tighter.

     "Helping you out." he whispered and my eyes fluttered close. His hands slipped under my shirt and his finger threatened to slide into the waist band of my shorts.

     "Stop it Vick! You're just helping yourself out." I turned around towards him causing him to back away. I could tell by the look in his eyes that I had hurt him, and so I looked down to avoid his gaze.

     "Lola." he tried to step towards me and I pushed my hand against his chest to stop him. Vick looked down at the tiny hand pressed on his abdominal muscles, and I couldn't help but giggle as I pulled my hand away leaving a print of chocolate on his perfectly white t-shirt.

     "Sorry." I giggled again and walked over to the sink to wash my hands.

     "You know you're gonna have to get the stain out right?" Vick towered over me and I tried to hide a small chuckle by nodding my head. Slowly Vick grabbed the hem of his shirt and pulled it over his head, standing half naked in the middle of my kitchen as he held his shirt out to me.

     I could barely contain my grin. I was of the female species and Vick of the male species, and so it was only normal that my lady parts grew excited to finally see the deep caramel skin of his chest on full display with every single muscle defined. 

     "Lola?"

     "Yea?" I breathed heavily and looked up at Vick who had a smirk on his face.

     "Will you please take care of this for me?" I took the shirt from his hand and turned around to soak the stain in soapy water. Vick immediately wrapped one arm around my waist and placed his other palm flat on my stomach.

     "Vick what do you want?" I placed the shirt on the counter and turned off the running water. I refused to be played with, even if he was my best friend.

     "I want you." he whispered in my ear and I swung around ready to give him hell. I just never got the chance before he slammed his lips to mine.

     "Please." he pulled away and whispered while dragging his hands down my back until they rested just above my ass.

     "Okay." I whispered back, my hands gripping at the strong shoulders of my best friend and tugging the back of his neck closer. That was all Vick needed to go crazy, to kiss me like his life depended on it, pushing his tongue into my mouth and pulling me impossibly closer. I knew my lips were going to bruise but I didn't care, especially not when I was backed up into the nearest wall and distantly heard the breaking of glass.

     "What is it exactly that you want from me?" I asked into Vick's ear as he continued a line of kisses down my throat.

     "Anything you want to give me." he looked up suddenly into my eyes for just a second before attacking my lips once again with an intensity that made my toes curl.

     I had never thought of Vick in the romantic way. Sure I could understand why the other girls at school might have liked him, but it never occurred to me that I could have feelings for him. I didn't even know if I did have feelings for him like that, and I didn't even know if he had feelings for me like that. All I knew was that Vick was a great kisser, and that I wasn't going to let a hook-up ruin our relationship. With that thought I almost wanted to pull away and ask what this meant for us, but then I figured we would be able to talk about it later.

     "Can I touch you?" Vick's hands seemed to be getting impatient.

     "Yes please." I laughed at his eagerness and smiled into his kiss at the feel of his hands clutching my butt. He started to walk me backwards out of the kitchen and towards the stairs. I felt the first step at the backs of my ankle and buckled a bit at the feeling. Vick seemed to get the memo and lifted me up, wrapping my legs around his still naked torso. He carried me up the stairs like I weighed nothing as I left a hickey on his neck.

     "Vick," I urged him to walk faster and he flung open the door to my room and threw me on the bed. Giggling as I hit the mattress Vick jumped over me and attacked my lips once again. He wrapped one arm around my waist, the other hand gripping my sheets as he pulled me closer to him, forcing my head back further into the pillow.

     I could feel something hard under my head, and reaching under my pillow pulling a machete out before stabbing it into Vick's side. The blood, thick and blue, began to pour out of him immediately and I watched as his teeth sharpened into fangs, his eyes turning red and murderous, unable to do anything with the long knife secured through his rib cage.

     He rolled off the bed and fell to the floor with a thud. The silver knife slipped from his flesh as he did so, and rolled on top of him before plunging the blade into his heart, ending him once and for all.

      "I hate vampires."