The Kiss

11th period.

Mr. Blake had just left our classroom after the science period. This was my shot. I had to do it. I walked out of the classroom, looking for her. I know she will come out as well; she always does.

It will be worth it, I tell myself. No matter what they do or say to you, it will be worth it. With that, I see her across the hallway. Her hair are flowing down her back, her eyes are as black as ever. Even though I had a sense of vulnerability growing in me, I told myself to get over it. Without thinking, I walked down the hallway. As I was about to approach her, a voice behind me called out Where are you headed, weirdo? It was Sam. He'd always bullied me. In fact everyone at some point has. No one in this whole school likes me. And I don't like this school. But I put all that at the back of my head and went ahead, ignoring Sam. She was standing in front of her classroom's door, with Stacey, her best friend. Thinking of friendship, I wonder: Does she like me? What if she does? That'd be great. But once again, I shake it off, and finally get near her.

She is still talking to Stacey, and has not even noticed me approaching. When I get close enough, she finally glances at me, but I don't wait. I don't stop. I don't even smile back or do anything. Continuing my walk, I grab her by the shoulders and push her to a wall next to us. Her back hits with a thud, but I don't have time to apologize. And then I do it.

I kiss her. I kiss her with everything I've got, just like in the movies. My lips hit hers, creating an ocean of lust and exhilaration inside of me. I know that I will get in trouble. I know people will make fun of me. I know someone will come, but I don't mind that.

I totally expect her to much me off and go screaming to a teacher. But to my surprise, she doesn't. Instead, she kisses me back. She has let down her guard. Arthur is in, I say in my mind. Seeing this, I let myself get swallowed whole into the world of her lips, gently rubbing along mine, as I feel her tongue against mine. I kiss her like this is my last. Like this is the last thing I do on earth. Like nothing else matters. I feel on top of the world right now. Her lips are cold and soft, sending a shiver down my body.

I am lost in her world, barring out the shouting and tugging going on behind me. Soon enough, Mr. Kessner pulls me back, as I open my eyes, looking into hers, which say to me Please don't go.

But I have to.

~Mortem

13th June, 2016.

Please give feedback! Thanks!

{Excerpts from a Story I Will Never Write #1}