Stereotypical Sh*t

Prologue

December 4th, 2010 9:50 PM

"And our winner is... Evelyn!"

My eyes shot up and looked at the announcer. Did she really just say my name? No. No, she couldn't have... But why is everyone staring at me? "E! Go up there!" Blake whispered to me. They really did say my name! I walked up onto the stage cautiously, not trying to trip and embarass myself. "Thank you!" I gently said to her. I held up the check and I felt like everything was so, so surreal. Like a dream. A fairytale, to be exact.

"I am so thankful. I really am. I'd like to thank-" I looked for his face and I didn't. He said he would be here. I thought he would, eventually. "I'd like to thank my wonderful family and friends. I wouldn't be who I was today if it wasn't for them. And most of all, I'd like to thank God. He taught me that even if you think it's the end of the world and all of your hardwork is worthless, everything will fall into place and it will pay off. I'm obviously living cproof. Thank you, everyone. Have a good evening or what's left of it!" Everyone chuckled then clapped for me as I walked off stage.

"You did great up there. Congratulations!" Blake attacked me in a bear hug. I laughed and said 'thank you' to him. "I need to find him. He promised he would be here. Help me?," I said to Blake. He did his "i'm your sexy best friend who will always be there for you" smile and said, "Let's do this."

I walked into the freezing street, wishing Ethan was there to lend me his jacket. "He's probably getting drunk and being a jackass," he muttered. "I can hear you!" I sing-songed. He looked at me and sarcastically replied, " Good. You need to hear some negativity from somebody." I playfully pushed his shoulder.

I gasped aloud. Maybe I could text him! I pulled out my phone and realized I had two unimportant messages. One from my mom asking when the art show was, great parent she is, and one from... Jonathong? His name is Jonathan Brooder but after that one party,where he got so drunk he wore a thong and ran around the streets yelling "I... AM... JONATHONG!" , everyone called him Jonathong. I opened it and it was one of those annoying mass texts. The first thing I noticed was Ethan's name. I scrolled down to see what it was about and it was one of those stupid last minute parties at Chaka. I loved Chaka but when people met up there, it was boring and drama began to brew before ten.

"He's at Chaka. It's like five minutes if we walk. Can we go?" I said to Blake. He annoyedly sighed and nodded.

***

The shining bright light could let me see miles away. I walked into the club and searched for Ethan which was pretty hard since there was smoke everywhere and not even an inch to breathe. Different colors shone through out the place. "Heeey Joonnee. Nooooo! NO. Yuhr naahmee eez geena nasdd." Jonathong's breath reeked of alcohol. "Where is Ethan?" I asked him, knowing that I wouldn't get a sure answer. "Uhm, E? I think I found him." I excitedly turned around and looked for him.

My eyes finally found him although I wished they didn't. One girl was kissing him and another was giving him a lap dance while everyone watched and laughed. A tear formed in my eye as I tried to look away. He looked up at me and I knew he had already found an excuse. I stormed out and ignored Blake yelling at me trying to make me "wait".

***

I ran up to my bedroom and slammed the door, tears running down my face. Shit, WHY AM I CRYING? I knew it. Fairytales don't happen. I knew it was too good to be true. This is exactly what I told myself NOT to do. I can't believe anyone could be so selfish and rude. I can't believe I let him in. Oh, God. Is this what heartbreak feels like?