Chapter 2

Maddie's POV

I looked at Paige with a huge smile and gave her two thumbs ups. I was so happy for Paige! I knew she had worked extremely hard last week, and it payed off. Even though all of the girls and moms cheered and applauded for Paige, I sensed something was off. I glanced at Miss Abby, and to my shock, she had a deep frown embedded on her face. She was disappointed. Disappointed that Paige, of all people, had beaten me. But I wanted Paige to be first on the pyramid. I really did. She deserved it, after all.

My thoughts were interrupted by Abby's sudden words. "Alright, I have 2 solos to give out. Maddie.................and............Chloe."

The moms, Kelly and Christi, to be exact, looked at each other and rolled their eyes. I knew they were upset about Paige not getting a solo. After all, she was on the top of the pyramid.

I assumed Abby did not see this, because she continued, "Then I have a duet spot. It will go to Maddie and .......... Paige! The group is called "Finding the way" and it will be a lyrical number. The duet is "We Will Make It," Maddie's solo is "Won't Give Up," Paige's is "Nothing Can Stop Me," and Chloe's is "Can't Back Down Now". Your solos will be styles that aren't your strongest, so you all better learn quickly, or you'll never win." Miss Abby told us. How does she expect us to win with these styles?