Vacation

We were broken, at least you were. And it felt like slowly, I was breaking too. But we still sat in our stairwell until the very last day. We talked about anything and everything, we learned to know each other. That's how you told me it went anyways.

I remember the day, at least I think I do... It was bright. The sun was hot and the summer beak was upon us. We were inseparable. We promised to talk over the break and that we'd sleepover all the time. We told each other to be safe on our walks home and we both promised we would. You hugged me that day, at least I think you did. It was tight and felt like I had won the jackpot. We smiled at each other and began the walk home. We were silent, like always.

The summer progressed rapidly, the heat driving most of us to a beach. That's where it happened, at least that's... That's what I'm told. You kissed me, and my world was turned around. Every colour was brighter and everything seemed better. You would wrap you arms around me and tell me about red. How it was the colour of my cheeks when I blushed, the sunsets we'd watch at the beach, the crackling bonfires we'd toast our marshmallows on, the feeling of your heart beating for me, the feeling of love. That was one of my very favourite colours to hear you talk about.

We enjoyed our blissful summer, even though it was way too short. We decided to go on one last trip... One last thing before summer ended. And I remember it... Very clearly.