The fall of Wall Maria II: Aron Jeager's backstory

It's been centuries since Wall Maria's breach. Everyone thought it won't happen again this time because it was a long time ago.

Or so they thought.

Aron skipped happily around the village, thinking it was a happy day. The sky was cloudless blue; the sun is shining; and birds chirping on the roof tops or the trees. It was perfect.

A loud thumping sound was heard from the outside of their safe-haven. Villagers froze and pointed at the smoke coming from behind the walls.

Could it be?

Titan steam.

Suddenly, the thumping sound grew louder and then a cracking noise of concrete was heard on the wall. It happened so fast.

Titans has breached Wall Maria after many centuries of peace.

Pandemonium broke out. The citizens panicked. Everyone was heading straight towards the next wall. Except for Aron. He was heading to his family home, reassuring himself his family was still alive and the house was left unharmed.

When he got there, the house was crushed by a boulder. His mother was struggling to get out of the rubble.

"Mom!".

"Go, Aron! Save yourself!".

"But mom!". He cried. He desperately tried to pull her out.

"Aron, listen to me!". She cupped her son's cheeks. "Please at least grant my last wish".

A soldier threw Aron over his shoulders and ran away with. He promised Aron's mother to keep him safe.

"Mom". The boy watched helplessly as a titan grabbed her by the head and bring her to it's mouth.

"Mom...".