Angalar

The old Shaman looked up from his old leather book and grinned at Angalar, "Why don't you go down to the river and fill this glass with water for our ritual."

Angalar stared at the man for a few minutes before grumbling under his breathe, "What's the ritual for?"

Craonix placed the glass into Angalar's hand, "The ritual will cleanse the ground around us and ward off evil spirits."

The young man's glare spoke a thousand words, "You're going to do a ritual with a glass of water?"

Craonix's grin grew as he looked up into Angalar's eyes, "Yes and a few other things."

Angalar gripped the glass as he trudged off towards the river, "Crazy old Shaman....what will a glass of water do?" He thought about his question for a minute before returning to Craonix's side. "Are you going to turn it into holy water or something?"

Craonix chuckled softly as he took the glass from Angalar's hand. "No, I am not a priest, Angalar." As Angalar started to take his seat upon the ground beside the old Shaman, "I will also need a rock."

Angalar glared at Craonix for a few seconds before asking, "What do you need a rock for?"

"For the ritual of course."

"Of course....can't have a ritual without a freaking rock! Why didn't I remember that part?!"

As Angalar went in search of a rock, he overheard Craonix reply, "You're still young. You will learn eventually."

Angalar cringed at the old Shaman's remark before grumbling to himself, "That or maybe it's because no one in their right mind would be doing a ritual beside a river."

"They are young and foolish as well, Angalar."

"God damn Shaman hears everything. Old my ass, I bet he is only in his early thirties." He found a small rock that had a beautiful multi colored tint to it. "This should work." Turning back to Craonix he watched as the Shaman kept on reading his book. Reaching down he picked up the small rock and headed back to him. "Here's your rock."

Craonix looked up from his page and examined the small rock, "That's a stone, Angalar. We need a rock...." As he picked up the stone from Angalar's hand, he grinned slightly as he spoke, "Think bigger, Angalar."

Angalar glared back at him as he whispered, "Bigger? I'll give you bigger."

His words were not missed by Craonix's sharp hearing, "Good boy, that's the spirit."

Angalar trudged off in anger this time, in search of a BIGGER fucking rock. He couldn't believe this guy. Craonix could have been more specific the first time he told him to go find the damn rock. As he scanned the ground, something pulled at his soul, a lot stronger then he had ever felt around Craonix. Other's told him the pull towards Craonix was only because Craonix resurrected him back to life five years ago, but for Angalar, he felt there was something more to it. He never pursued an answer from Craonix, but one day he would get the guts to ask him, not today. Not with all of this stupid ritual bull crap. The new pull lingered and grew stronger as he searched the ground, for the biggest fucking rock he could find. Just as he found one that he hoped would be big enough, he felt a stranger feeling come over him....was he being watched? He searched the river and all of its surroundings, nothing came into sight and no one was there, yet he started to have a deja-vu moment. Had I been to this planet before my new life? The question lingered in his mind as he picked up the large rock and headed back to Craonix's side. He stopped infront of the Shaman and dropped the large rock, "There's your rock."

Craonix examined the rock from where he was sitting and then cheerfully stated, "Nope. That's not the one. You might find a better one at the river, Angalar."