Warframe (WIP)

"What are you doing, Mezner?"

"Science. I have created a wondrous bio-weapon, and I plan to use it."

"You do realise that if you do this, the Russians will retaliate."

I pressed the button labelled "Launch". The groud shook as submarines containing hordes of these twisted amalgamations, these Infested, if you will, departed on their course towards the Russian Island of Laurasia. I couldn't wait to work on my newest creations. I believe that If I go to this island, and propagate this weapon amongst its citizens, It will become tremendously powerful.

***

"Mezner has arrived at the island. We need to stop him."

"Sure. Where is this island of his?" replied Hayden.

"Laurasia, Russia. We believe that he is testing the virus amongst its citizens. We need you to go there, kill Mezner, and secure the area before the disease escapes. Remember, one spore is all it needs to transmit itself to the mainland."

***

2 Days later, I arrived at the Island. What I saw confounded me; the technocyte virus had grown, as if it was a structure, a twisted work of architecture. The entire Island was eerily silent, and I only saw the Infested citizens roaming the area. The virus had sprouted from their entire bodies, twisting them so that it could fit its needs, leaving the host's brain intact, in an eternity of misery, knowing what they are doing. I thought it a blessing to slice my blade straight through the Infested, but little did I know that the growth quickly grew onto my sword. It kept growing down the blade, turning it into a curved scythe of infested flesh. I quickly dropped it, knowing that if I had held it any longer, it would have latched onto my body and started growing there.

I thought that weapons with individual projectiles, perhaps a bow & arrow stolen from the many abandoned houses that littered the place, would be the best way to safely dispatch all of the infested. I kept forging onward to the centre of the Island, and soon I saw that Mezner was keeping these creatures like farm animals, captured in great fields of electricity. I kept trekking towards the center, and soon found that Mezner had set up camp in a large laboratory housed in a 5-story concrete building.

I entered the building, and was immediately faced with a living, breathing suit of armor. Painted on the side of its helmet was a word in bold, white letters: "Nemesis". I tried to duck past it, but it was too fast. I repeatedly drew my bow and fired it in quick succession, however the war-suit dodged every shot perfectly. From the back of its suit, it pulled a large assault rifle, but this was nothing like the guns I knew today. This was advanced, with a perfectly crafted barrel, stock and receiver, shooting out perfect bolts of ammo at a perfect 25 rounds per second.  The whole design of the weapon was immaculate.

I then noticed a large handle on the warsuit's back, and I realized that I had to find a way to distract it so that I could run up behind it and pull the handle. After executing this plan, I took off the helmet on the suit, and, to my surprise, the suit was empty. There was no-one inside operating it. I carried on up the stairs located at the side of the building, and took a left at the top floor.

"Mezner."

"Tenno."

"It's time to stop, Mezner. If this bioweapon of yours gets out of hand, you know that this will be the end for us all. The US, Russia, everyone."

"Hayden, I already know."

Mezner lifted the hood from his head, and turned around in his chair. There were vividly coloured spikes of infested flesh protruding from his shoulder, growth around his mouth. The more he spoke, the more distorted his voice became.