Chapter 17

Kambree's P.O.V

That's it, she's lost all hope. Carrie isn't Carrie if she loses her heart and sense of compassion. I have to take her back to where everything began. I'm taking her back to that stage. The stage where she told the entire crown in Florida that I was blind and needed to wake up. That's where our story truly began. That's when I realized, maybe I really am going crazy. I drove all night. When I couldn't seem to stay awake any longer, I would look over at Carrie, she's my best friend. She's the reason I'm me. She loves me for me.

The sun was rising, I drove the entire night. We arrived early morning and she awoke as I stopped the car. Her eyes widened with astonishment. "Where did you take me?"

"Where you told me I needed to wake up." I gestured to tee arena and started to exit the vehicle. I was smiling but her face had a much different expression. Confusion, frustration, excitement, fear. I could read her but didn't understand. I wanted her to be happy.

"Why here?" She shook her head at me. "Of all places, you pick the place that marks the spot you left with him. You drive all the way here so I can remember you running away and thinking you were gone forever?! You're insane."

"Remember, I'm not the only one." I winked and grabbed her arm gently, walking her inside to see the stadium.

I drug her up to the stage. "Sing." I grinned from ear to ear. "No microphone, no performance, just you and me. Think of this day. Think of how everything began. Remember who I was. Remember who you helped me become. Remember you." Crossing my arm and leaning against a pillar on the edge of the stage I repeated myself once more. "Sing." I motioned to her.

Her sweet voice began to fill the air, Good Girl was the song she chose, the same as that night I ran off and got in a car crash that put me in a coma. That same rage started filling me up as she approached me and wanted me to dance with her. I smiled. I pushed the anger away because what was there to be mad about, I love her. I knew that in her heart and mind she was doing the same, asking to be loved, not hiding under a rock anymore. She was asking to be accepted and asking to be given a chance once more. Just as she did a year ago with me.

I danced with her across the stage and for thee first time and a long time noticed her smile brightly. I witnessed Carrie laughing on a stage. Doing what she deserves to be doing, where she is meant to be. Once she finished singing she laughed, grabbing my hands and looking into my eyes she smiled hard "thank y-"

"Hey, what are you doing in here?!" A guard shouted." Carrie and I's eyes widened. I grabbed her Hand and ran for the exit. We reached her car and sped off back to towards the highway.

"I didn't get a chance to say this back there," pausing gage looked down for a moment at her legs. "Thank you." Carrie laughed, "you have no idea how much that meant to me.

"I'd do anything to lead you back to your heart. You were just lost, but don't worry, I found you." I joked and yawned.

"Pull over." She pointed to the shoulder of the highway. "I can drive home."

I knew I could show her the way back to her true self. She was tired of searching. Her whole life she has chose the right path but now that she's discovering that choosing the wrong path is something that really happens, she's frightened that she can't turn her life around. Carrie taught me second chances exist, I'll teach her the same.

I yawned once more and rested my head in my hand. My arm rested against the black interior of Carries convertible on the door. I felt her hand rub my shoulder. I then, finally, slowly, drifted to sleep. I had done the right thing, and Carrie finally smiled her sweet smile once more. There was a bumpy road ahead, she just now understands that I will be there every step of the way.