First Six Weeks

"Want to go on a date with me?"

Jena gaped and suddenly blushed, embarrassed. "Mark... What? Are you serious?"

"Uh... Only if you're going to say yes."

They were both flushing, shy and embarrassed about announcing their feelings for each other.

"Um..." Jena said, her eyes flitting to and away from Mark's eyes. "Sure..."

"Really?" he asked, eyebrows and cheekbones shooting up. "That's... Thats... Great!" He laughed. "Where do you want to go?"

She tapped her chin. "Hmm... Where can we go? Mall?"

"Mall?" He nodded. "I suppose so. Let's go. Let me just ask Jinjong." Jinjong was his nickname for his hilarious manager. Mark pulled out his phone and called his manager. "Jinjong, can I go to the mall? We get a free day today.

"What?

"Yeah.

"Okay. Cool, thanks!"

Jena looked at him quizzically before texting Lizzy if she could go to the mall.

"It's a yes from Jinjong!"

"A yes from Lizzy too!" she said, grinning. "Who's driving?"

"Jinjong?" he suggested, shrugging. "I don't really mind."

"Lizzy it is," Jena said, texting her manager.

"I don't know if this is technically allowed," Lizzy said, chewing some chips as she drove through the traffic. "Mark, you're supposed to stay with your manager and I'm supposed to stay with you two even while you're in the mall."

"We're responsible kids," Mark said, playing a game on his phone. "It's not like we're even idols yet. It won't matter if we're seen in public."

Lizzy opened her mouth to say something, but she had arrived at the mall, and Mark and Jena hurried out of the car into the throng of people swarming around the shopping center.

Sipping on their Starbucks coffees, Jena and Mark wandered the mall, looking around at the different shops.

"Do you want anything?" Mark asked, looking at her.

"Nah," she responded, shaking her head. "I don't particularly know if I need anything."

"Oh hey, what's this?" he asked, moving over to peer at some string bracelets. "Let's get one for each of us."

She followed him, looking at them. They were just simple string bracelets... But Mark wanted them, so she complied. "Sure," she said, picking out a pink one. "I'll take this one."

"Alright," he said, picking up a tan one. "I'll buy them for us." He smiled and quickly paid before Jena could protest. "Here, hold out your arm," he said, loosening the bracelet. Gently sliding it over her hand and tightening the bracelet on her wrist, Mark smiled. "You have such a small wrist."

She was blushing. She was actually blushing. She had never blushed before because of a boy. She stared at her wrist, the skin tingling from where he had touched her. "T-Thanks," she managed to say.