Chapter 1

A/N: I'm super exited for my first post. Like I said, I try. Sometimes my stories lack a plot, so please don't be afraid to critique and comment. Like Mynx, it doesn't matter if it's positive or negative. I'll take all the criticism I can get. ~Nova Coleman~

Cammie's POV

"Cammie?" I heard Zach come into the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around me from behind, and rested his chin on my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"I have to go." I whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"The Director called. He offered me a mission."

"Great, let's go."

I turned to face him. "It's a solo mission, Zach." I took a deep breath, and he waited for me to continue. "I'm going to Rome."

"Cam..." Zach trailed off.

"I have to go." I repeated.

"Why?"

"It's a rescue mission, Zach." I cried. "They have everyone. The girls, my mom, Joe, Aunt Abby, Townsend. Everyone except you."

"Why are they making you go alone?" Zach asked.

"Because The Circle wants me. And I don't want to risk anyone else getting hurt because of me."

"Wait... was it your idea to go on the mission alone?" Zach demanded. I looked at the floor. "Cam, that's not a solo mission, that's a suicide mission!"

"I don't have a choice, Zach!" I cried. "I can't ask anyone else to go."

"I wasn't asking for permission, Cameron." Zach crossed his arms.

"Zach-"

"Start packing. Disguises, fake passports, whatever we need. I'll get Macey's private jet. Grant will come with us, and Jonas can hack into surveillance." Zach took my hands. "We'll save them, Cammie. I promise."

"Fine." I said reluctantly, going to pack. What Zach didn't know was that I already had Macey's jet and I wasn't going with him.

I packed for myself, but not him. While he was on the phone with Grant and Jonas, I snuck out the back door, and drove away.

Zach's POV

"Cammie?" I asked. There was no answer. I burst into our room, but she wasn't there. Outside, I heard a car start, and I bolted down the stairs of our apartment building. There was no time for the elevator. I flung open the doors, just in time to see her car driving away. I wanted to run, but there was no point. She was gone.

"Damn it!" I shouted, flinging open the door to my car. I shoved the keys into the ignition and sped off. I quickly called Grant back, and he answered immediately. "Cammie left without me." I told them, out of breath.

"Then get in your car and go after her!" Grant yelled.

"What the hell do you think I'm doing?" I demanded, speeding up. "I need you to go with Cammie if I don't make it in time. Just make sure she doesn't go alone."

"On it." Grant hung up, and I drove faster. I parked the car, grabbed my keys, and ran over to the jet. I barely noticed Grant running beside me. The doors were closing ahead of us. We had about five seconds tops.

Five.

We were still a ways away. I ran faster. We ran drills like this at Blackthorne, so I was used to running, but that didn't mean I liked it.

Four.

My heart pounded in my chest. I made myself go faster. I had to get to her.

Three.

We were getting closer. The door was almost closed. It seemed like everything was in slow motion.

Two.

I pushed past Grant, and kept running. He eventually caught up to me, and we ran like hell.

One.

The door closed. Grant and I stopped in our tracks, and the jet started moving.

"No!" I screamed, trying to chase after it. Grant grabbed my shirt and held me back.

"Zach!" He snapped. "We'll get to Rome, okay?"

"But-"

"I need to go to Rome, Zach. I have to get Bex." Grant told me. I gave him a strange look. "And... everyone else." He added quickly.

"Oh, sure." I laughed, despite the situation.

A/N: So, that's the first chapter. My apologies if it already lacks a plot. And Mynx, "Somebody knows."