One

"I cannot believe I'm back here" Tristan practically screamed into his phone. "God I miss New York already!"

"Tris" Tori laughed on the other end. "Calm down. It's just Toronto. Come on you use to love it."

"I'm sorry if I miss my cute little apartment" Tristan whined dramatically. "Can you make sure you feed Sadie?"

Sadie was Tristan's golden retriever. He had Sadie for almost two years now.

"Yes I will feed Sads."

"Don't call her that" Tristan replied. "You know she hates when you call her that."

"Fine" Tori tried not laughing at her best friend. "Look just calm down."

"I can't" Tristan replied. "I mean I'm back in my hometown and..."

"Tristan" Tori shook her head. Tristan could hear through the phone. "Look it's going to be fine. This movie is a huge deal for you. Your fans want to see you in romance."

"I know" Tristan nodded. "But I don't even know who my costar is yet. They said he's some unknown musician. God I hope it's Craig Manning."

"Tristan he's not unknown" Tori laughed through the phone humored. "Look I'm sure your costar is hot and you will get along fine."

"I guess your right" Tristan replied smiling. "I'm probably just freaking out over nothing." Tristan paused for a moment. "I just.. I haven't been back here since graduation and everything just seems so different."

"Well don't worry your not alone" Tori told Tristan. "Your still meeting up with Zoe for lunch right?"

"Yeah" Tristan smiled. "I can't wait to see her. I've been so busy in New York I haven't had time to chat much."

"See Toronto is a good idea" Tori giggled. "But how long are you going to be shooting the movie?"

"I don't know" Tristan replied. "I hope at most a month. I don't want to stay in Toronto too long. Sadie and New York city needs me."

"That they do" Tori laughed. "Now hang up and go shine."

"Okay, Tor. Bye."

Tristan hung up his phone and dipped it into his pocket. Tristan checked his hair and got out of his car. He was feeling a bit nervous as he walked through the doors of the studio. The studio was pretty new. It had only been added to Toronto three years ago.

"Tristan!"

Tristan seen the director Paulo. Paulo seemed like a nice guy. He and Tristan had gotten along pretty well. They had met on a sitcom Tristan was on.

"Paulo" Tristan smiled. "So where's my costar?"

"I have no clue" Paulo shook his head. "Musician types really piss me off."

"Then why did you hire a musician?" Tristan asked laughing. "Just because he's unknown?"

"No because he is the best that auditioned" Paulo replied. "He could be the next big thing."

"Well if you say so" Tristan told Paulo nodding. "You've never been wrong before."

Just then the doors burst open. Tristan  wasn't paying attention to who had entered. Instead he was distracted by a loose hair that got messed up. It would bother him all day if he didn't fix it right then. Tristan just didn't like his hair getting loose like that. It bugged him.

"I'm so sorry I'm late" a voice said to Paulo. "I had band practice with Jonah and Zig..."

Tristan's eyes widened. No fucking way! This had to be a coincidence. That couldn't be him. That couldn't be Miles Hollingsidontgiveashit. But deep down he knew it was.

Zoe had told him Miles was a unknown musician in a band with Jonah and Zig and well Maya. Tristan and Maya weren't friends at all. Tristan hadn't seen or heard from Miles since their breakup senior year. Miles had broke his heart and then just left him. Tristan had an urge to run away. But he knew he would look ridiculous.

He was 26 now. He couldn't exactly run away from this. He was a successful New York actor. He had to face Milesjerkass.

"Tris?"

Tristan put on a fake smile and turned around. He decided he would put on a little show and do what he did best. Act.

"Miles!" Tristan said way too excited which made Miles stare confused. "It's been too long. How have you been?"

"Just fine" Miles scratched his neck. "Been doing band stuff.."

"You two know each other?" Paulo asked curiously.

"We went to school together" Tristan answered. "We were friends."

"Friends, Tris?" Miles stared at his ex from high school. "I'm pretty sure it was more serious than that." Miles turned his attention to Paulo. "Me and him dated on and off during high school."

"Oh" Paulo said. "We'll that's awkward. But knowing you Tristan your okay with working with him aren't you?"

"Yes I'm fine" Tristan nodded. "I'm over high school. Aren't you, Miles?"

"Yeah. I sure am."

"Good" Tristan glared. "Glad to see that were both over it."