Chapter 4: Actions speak LOUDER than words

5 weeks later
Toni
I sat in English class and I literally almost fell asleep on Shakespeare, mrs Couk placed the book onto her desk as everyone cheered for her.

"So guys, Valentine's is this Friday, and the Valentines ball is gonna be this Friday as well. 6 p.m. to 12 a.m." She said smiling folding her arms over her chest.

"To all the lovers. This week is your time to ask that special one out." She said to us chuckling.

I looked around until a scrunched up piece of paper hit me. I looked a bit confused. I picked it up and on it was written.

"To Toni." I looked around and Kenny smiled at me.

I looked down at the paper, and opened up the scrunched up ball of paper.

Please be my date to the Valentines ball?
Kenny xoxo

I looked down and blushed a little, I was probably red from all the bubbles that were forming in my tummy.

"If I were you, I wouldn't say yes." I looked up and into Alicia's face.

I looked down and scrunched the piece of paper up again, and frowned. The bell rang and I grabbed my backpack along with my pen and notebook and rushed out.

Kenny
I looked at Toni and she didn't answer. Alicia said something to her, what is wrong with that girl?

I got up and grabbed my backpack and chased after her, before I could head out the door Alicia grabbed my arm.

"Where you going?" She smiled.

"Away from you." I said storming past her, I froze in my tracks and turned around and faced her. "You know. You must have a really cold heart to treat Toni like that." I spat.

"But she's a hoe! No one wants to be with her! Every guy in this school knows she a hoe--"

"I don't care. I'm not every guy." I said storming off to find Toni.

*****************

I found her far away from the grounds, she sat behind the benches, with her knees brought up to her chest, crying.

I kneeled down before her and placed my hands onto her knees.

"Please don't cry." I said to her.

She looked up at me and wiped away her tears. "Leave me alone please." She whispered.

"No." I said sternly. "Let me help you, stop pushing me away--"

"Go! Before she sees you--"

"Why don't you report her to the principal--"

"Because I can't!" Toni yelled, she began to sob and I leaned in and wrapped my arms around her.

She eventually gave in and wrapped her arms around me under my arms. She laid her head onto my shoulders and I stood up with her.

"Go with me to the ball please?" I asked.

She pulled away and shook her head, I grabbed her hands and pulled her closer to me.

"Please." I begged. "What you want me to go on my knees? Because I will." I said to her.

She wiped away her tears and looked behind her, "you need to go. Because she's gonna come looking for you and--"

"I don't care."

"But I do!" She shouted, she pushed at my chest and backed away again. "Let me just show you I can be better than all the other guys, I can be better than your ex." I said to her.

She sighed and ran her fingers threw her long black wavy hair.

"I swear I can treat you better, because I am better." I said. "Let me fill that big empty hole in here." I said placing my hand onto her heart.

She looked down and a tear landed on my hand.

"Let me just show you." I said again.

"I can't." She said barely above a whisper.

"Yes you can, you just gotta give me a chance. Let me be there for you." I said invading her space.

I placed my hand onto her chin and lifted it up so she could look into my eyes.

"I can't do this, I have to go..." Shetrailed off, trying to walk past me.

I gently grabbed her hand and pulled her into me.

"Actions speak louder than words." I said pulling her into a kiss.

She closed her eyes and gripped my shoulders.

Alicia
Heather tapped shoulder as I looked around in search for Kenny, his so stupid! She's such a bitch! I've tried everything to make him realize that I'm the one he needs, but his too damn stubborn.

"What?" I hissed looking at her stupid self.

"Look." She said pointing at the benches.

"Your stup--" I stopped talking and my jaw dropped wide open.

"How could he?" I spat. "How could she?"

They were fucking kissing! I was furious now.

Toni
He slowly pulled back and looked me deep in my eyes. I smiled, as he wiped away a few tears.

"Go with me please?" He begged.

I looked away and finally looked back at him, "please?" He pouted, making some puppy eyes at me.

I slowly nodded my head, "fine." I said giving in.

He was to damn fine, handsome and he was willing. I've never had a guy ever try to win me over after I've turned him down a few times.

He pulled me closer into him and pecked my lips lightly.