My Mythical Hero (Percy/Nico one shot)

Sooooo I finished HoH and felt the need to write this, it's probably gonna suck though!! YOU NEED TO READ ALL THE BOOKS INCLUDING HOUSE OF HADES BEFORE READING THIS, THERE ARE MAJOR SPOILERS!!! Sooooooooooo this is barely over 3 pages on google docs so it's probably short. FIRST PERSON TO VOTE AND COMMENT GETS A DEDICATION!! Prepare to ready my first PJO and HOO fanfic!

-Lou

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It started years ago back in Maine when I was only ten. He had been in grade eight at the time. I remember the day perfectly. When something that big happens, you can never forget. I had been standing beside Bianca, ohh how I miss her. She was wearing her floppy green hat that I never understood how she could wear in public. She stood beside me, scolding me on my love of Mythomagic, not knowing that we were actual demigods. It wasn’t until Mr. Thorn came and got us (more like captured us) that things started to happen. We were pushed outside of the gym and Mr. Thorn suddenly disappeared.

That was when I was first saw him.

He had just ran in, wide sea green eyes that glistened with determination. His hair was tousled from the short sprint and his bronze colored sword was held in the air, prepared to attack. He looked like he had jumped straight out of a Mythomagic card. It was amazing. When he spoke 25% of my fear left my body, and with what was behind him, that was a lot.

“It’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you.”

He had told me he wasn’t going to hurt me, but I couldn’t react because a Manticore was standing right behind him, about to attack.

At the moment I was confused, but I knew I could trust him. At least, until the incident happened.

It had been after him, Grover and Thalia had returned from their quest. They had successfully saved Annabeth and defeated Atlas. The problem was it wasn’t only those three who had started the quest. Zoë and Bianca had gone too, they never made it back. Being me, an angered ten year old whose only known relative had just died, I went a bit crazy. I became mad at him, betrayed that he couldn’t protect her. I lashed out on him. That is the reason that today, I know I am the son of Hades. It is also the reason him and I didn’t get along for a long time.

Because of my anger, skeletal warriors appeared out of the ground. They lunged, though I couldn't let them hurt him. He meant too much to me to let him die by my own doing. I had to stop them. I used my powers to open up the ground and banish the warriors back to the underworld. After that, he was afraid of me. Everyone was. This was the start of my abandonment.

Even though camp didn't accept me, he did.

Even after I accused him of killing my sister, he trusted me. Even after my anger episode, he trusted me. Even after I had once led him into a trap set by my father, he still trusted me though not as much. One thing that probably helped gain back some of the trust I lost was when I brought him to the river of Styx. The final battle of the Titan war was about to arrive and I knew a secret about the enemy. I knew Luke, who was hosting Kronos, had taken a dip in the river giving him Achilles’ heel. Giving him a basically invincible body. Everyone knew there would be a direct confrontation between the two so I had to do something. A swim in the River of Styx could easily kill you if you didn’t focus but he would have died anyways, so the decision wasn’t hard for him. If you took the chance at getting invincibility, you had toIthink of the thing that you care about most, your true tie to the mortal world. Secretly, I had been hoping he was thinking of me though I knew he wasn’t. He’d be thinking of his mom or girlfriend, not some creepy kid who had an unknown crush on a taken hero.