Chapter One

It was June,9:53 pm

I was prowling my next victim so to speak.My monster form was covered by my human appearance.Grey hair,grey fendora hat,Grey over coat and black loose jeans.

I was near the John Justin Arena and there was a group of girls on which were riding bare back in the empty arena."Rosetta!"Called out one.

A girl on a black mare rode by me as if in slow motion

Her hair reached her knees definitely,dark brown almost black.Bright neon red highlights clearly visible.Her near hazel eyes looking to me and smiling.So did she."Mary,Jessica,Brooke,Brylee I have amazing news!"She called out."What is it!"One squeals."Were leaving for nationals,tonight!"She calls out.The other girls ride up to her and hug her.She winces and I could somehow feel her pain from here."So you get ready girl cause this is your last one,go,I'll ride Blanko or what ever his name is."Said Mary."You sure?"She asks."Yeah go or I'll put a spur up your ass."She said pretending.

I faded into the shadow of hers before she took of to her trailer.She grabs a bag with a shirtless male named Rin Matsusoka and then grabs her hat.Her cowgirl hat.She holds it and rubs her thumbs slowly over its edges."The Red Rider's last stand,here and now.Forever lost in this trailer."She sighs.

HONK,HONK

She bolts out of the mobile home and runs after a bus with 'WALLER ISD' on its side.The door open as the driver turns a corner.She takes off,easily catching the bus and hopping inside."Hey Rose!"Called out all boys."Hey."She calls back sitting in the back seat."So you gonna sing us a song before we hit the court?"Asked a male.She smirks and plays a song I've come to know as the opening song for 'Boku No Pico.'The boys begin to scream in agony and the coach,who is behind the wheel is laughing at them for there stupid question.She plugs in head phones and I could hear the music also.

She begins to hum to one,and I use her eyes to see the screen on her,phone?I guess is what there called.A call came through.

"Mom,hey."She says.She listens to the call as do I

"You told me you were done with this basketball shit,you said you were done with all this bullshit!"She yelled into her ears."Mom I have two more games then I'll,I'll..."She stops."You'll what Rose?"She asks."I'll continue our tradition."Rose said stern and hung up.

The song continued to play...

Then she paused it

"Why doesn't she understand that these events are dear to me?"She thought to herself.

What events?

"Rose come here a second."asked her coach who was driving down the highway.Rose stood and calmly walked down the aisle of the bus,and sat in the seat to his right."You know,I'm very proud of you,taking the path of Athletics even if your mothers against it.Even so your the best athlete I've ever had."He said."As much as it pains me to have these last games,I humbly except your compliments.However,I feel as if the boys are going to miss me as much As I will miss them.There like brothers I've never had."She replies.

"Your mother is forcing the western path down your throat,and I don't get that.If she loves you she should watch what you can do."Said her coach.She clenches her two hands together tight."If only life were that simple."She said as she looked out the window."Coach,I feel as if something bad is going to happen to one of us,who I'm not sure yet."She said.

An a song began to play on the radio.The coach turned it up and the boys who fell asleep woke up and put a hand on Rose's shoulders.Tears lined her eye lids then she sang along.She was shaking and I couldn't stand how human she felt inside.Outside she looked so inhuman.I left her shadow and sat in her seat in the back.Creeping into the shadow on the seat.Is this human different.These boys care for her deeply.Almost as if there her own family.

"Here we are everyone,single file and prep for victory."